Hi All,

I am diagnosed with both CFS/ME and FM (seems to be an overlap).

I am wondering what tests, results were concluded for FM diagnosis and what medical consultants and services are involved after (like Rheumatology etc)?

I have a good, supportive gp, but other than pain killers(not working), nothing else offered. No muscle testing etc..

Sharing info is invaluable..... hope to hear from you

8 Replies

• Mine was diagnosed after a few pretty comprehensive set of blood tests, a chest x-ray, full medical exam (pressure points etc) and nerve conduction studies, mainly done to rule out any other conditions (SLE, arterial blockages etc). I did go and seek a second opinion from a MUCH better rhuematology consultant who actually spotted my severe hypermobility which he feels is the root cause of my fibro. I also have Raynaud's and angiodyskinesia which were diagnosed some years ago.

Good luck with everything x

• Yes same with me all a process of elimination, recently found to be vitamin D deficient which has caused irreversible nerve damage, the difficulty with this diagnosis lies in the fact that it shares symptoms with many other conditions. Wishing you all the best Lou x

• Hi Lou,

Thanks for your reply. Interesting about vitD and caused damage. Was that discovered by standard blood tests?

I found sunny climate seems to give me a little improvement and vita d is gained via sunlight I believe.

Wishing you well xx

• The vitamin D deficiency was found after I began experiencing numbness in hands and legs, on supplement now and am tested regularly. I believe others on here also have this X

• Thank you

• Hi jellynpain

I sincerely hope that you are feeling well today? I was diagnosed by a Private Consultant and a Chiropractor I was seeing at the same time that my GP sent me to visit. It took about a month of elimination and lots of blood tests and examinations. I had acupuncture and electrolysis treatments, massage and stuff that I do not even know the name of? Eventually my GP sent for me and said, 'Fibromyalgia.'

I have pasted you a link to our parent site, FibroAction, in case you have not seen this? It has loads of useful Fibro information on the site:

I want to wish you all the bets of luck and I genuinely hope that you find the answers that you so desperately desire and deserve.

All my hopes and dreams for you

Ken x

• Hi, Just read your post and in my experience it was a process of elimination but diagnosis of FM was finally based on a score of 'tender points' between 11 & 18 (mine was 16!). Hope that helped K. x

• So sorry sweetheart!!! The doctor normally tests you for tender points. Then you can have a whole host of other health issues due to the fibro. Have you tried a pain clinic? I ended up having to, as I couldn't take the pain any longer. Hope this helps!!! xxx Mitzi

You may also like...