Hi everyone after being a backroom sitter, ie watching the daily posts etc I am taking the plunge and effort tot introduce myself. I got diagnosed with Firbromyalgia 8 months ago and already suffer 3 prolapsed discs, spinal stenosis of the neck myelopathy nerve damage and osteoarthritis plus sciatica.

I am finding it harder as each day approaches, trying to be as they say "normal and independent" but sadly as we all know those days are now far n between. My medication consists of gabapentin amiltriptolene, diazapan and sleeping pills.

I am also in the waiting process of the Capita assessment after sending my forms February, but due to ATOS disappearance its now being done by Capita and hence a backlog.

I know my disability allowance is due to run out mid June so will they continue to pay until assessment or will it stop, like so many I am worried sick.

7 Replies

oldestnewest
  • Hi inkemup

I sincerely hope that you are feeling as well as you possibly can be today? Welcome to the forum, and I genuinely hope that you find it as useful as I do? I have pasted you a link below to our mother site, FibroAction, it holds a great deal of Fibro information, so I hope that you really find it useful:

fibroaction.org

On to your question! As far as I am aware, payments of DLA do not stop if you have not been changed over in time. They will send you a letter closer to the time that your claim expires giving you a deadline to ring them and start a claim for PIP. They will send you the claim pack and you will be given a date whereby they must receive the completed forms. If you do this then they will not stop your DLA.

I have pasted you a couple of GOV.UK links about this below:

gov.uk/government/publicati...

gov.uk/government/publicati...

I want to wish you all the best of luck with your PIP claim, and I genuinely hope that you get all the medical help and assistance that you need with your Fibro.

All my hopes and dreams for you

Ken

• Hi ken thank-you for the link already been on and found some useful information and tips. In regards to my DLA I have submitted my PIP forms which have been now sent to Capita and did receive letter stating it is their hands but that is as far as I got. Not sure whether they are sending me to assessment or home visit or going on by my evidence, much is still a mystery lol.

Thank you for the warm welcome x

• Hi welcome, I applied for PIP through Capita and found the staff a lot friendlier and more helpful than atos. when they contact you ask for a home visit apparently most of Capita`s medicals take place at home. I didn`t ask for one the first time because I thought that it would be the same as with Atos and would need to be carried in on a stretcher before getting a home visit

The first medical was called off when the stress got too much for me and my bp went through the roof.

I was told then to phone for a home visit. there was a right muddle with appointment dates getting mixed up But eventually had a visit from a lady who also has fibro. She made sure that EVERYTHING was written down.

I still haven`t got a result yet. but if you are in the B`ham area I hope you get the same lady, Her name is Sue

Hugs Sue. XX ps It wasn`t me I didn`t do my own medical, :P

• Thanks May and yes I am also in the Birmingham area B44 district .

• Hi sweetheart, so sorry to hear of your problems. If you could go to a pain clinic it helps a lot. As for the disability all you can do is wait. I think a lot of it rest's on what your doctor's think about your condition. I was blessed with a wonderfully understanding doctor. Hope this helps as the stress makes all of our symptoms worse. xxx Mitzi

• Hi mitziblue, my doctor is very understanding and over years have had endless pain management for my spine and neck . I am just taking things day by day at the moment.

• Well I'm so glad you have a good and understanding doctor. That is a major hurdle to find that with this disease. I hope you find some relief soon. xxx Mitzi

You may also like...