Medication for Fibro

Hi everyone... Have not been online for sometime. However recently I did read some interesting old posts dating back a year or so ago referring to meds that some members were prescribed.

I am at present on 10mg Oramorph Oral Solution 4 times daily. 1 Omeprazole for stomach acid daily and Zopiclone7.5mg to aid sleep, when I cant sleep. Otherwise not required when quite often sleep forever day and night.

I would be interested to know if anyone has been prescribed by their Dr to take 1 Zopiclone in the morning and 1 at night.

I have tried most meds lyrica, pregabalin, amytryptylin ect...ect... which made me extremely worse. It appears I can't take anything.

I have stopped drinking coffee 'even decaf and use filtered water to reduce chloride.

I want to apologise beforehand if I don't reply individually as I feel very dizzy if I stay online too long.

Gentle Hugs to you all

Sue x

3 Replies

• Hi suzie, I, just wondering if your doctor hasn't thought to prescribe you MST, a sustained release morphine which would mean you don't have to take the oramorph so often and it has more efficacy, for me. I take morning and evening and I then use the oramorph for breakthrough pain. It might be an idea to discuss this with your doctor, what suits one person doesn't suit others. A lot of people find tramadol useful, that could also be something you talk with you doctor about.

I hope that you manage to find something that is effective for you :-)

Foggy x

• Hi suzie311

I sincerely hope that you are feeling as well as you possibly can be today?

I am sorry to say that I do not take the medication that you have mentioned. However, I was replying to say that Fibro has given you some good advice here. This may be worth discussing with your GP.

I genuinely hope that you can find some resolution and relief to your issue.

All my hopes and dreams for you.

Ken x

• Thank you both for your replies.

It appears that my Dr is not happy with the amount of oramorph am taking. And indeed she is paying me a visit tomorrow to discuss oromorph patches.

Am very surprised on her announcement to pay me visit. As I have been refused call outs on 5 occasions when I was so ill I felt like my days were limited.

Once again many thanks for taking the time to reply

Gentle Hugs

You may also like...