Blastocyst or 3 day transfer wait? - Fertility Network UK

Fertility Network UK

31,732 members42,309 posts

Blastocyst or 3 day transfer wait?

Jenadrian79
Jenadrian79

The lab called and said the embryo is a grade 1 and doubled which is what they want. I was meant to go in for transfer tomorrow (day 3) but embryologist said I may as well wait to see if it blastocysts because if it doesn’t t would not result in a pregnancy in the womb anyway- does anyone have any advice or experience in this pls as I’m worried/ confused and don’t want to ruin any chances! Please help xx

4 Replies

I don’t have any experience but am wishing you the best of luck with your decision and journey xx

For me, I only want to transfer blasts in the future to avoid sitting through a 2ww with an embryo that didn’t make it to blast. But that’s due to my own experience in the past where they thawed a “good” day 3 and it arrested on day 4. Getting to blast is a really good marker for being a bit stronger, I know people say “better in than out” but for me I like to protect my heart. But if it’s the only one, might you be as well just transferring it anyway? Since the transfer is part of the round?xx

Jenadrian79
Jenadrian79 in reply to Orla9298

Thank you orla for your message. I think I want to protect my heart too and don’t see the point of doing the transfer if it would only lead to a negative pregnancy anyways...

DianeArnold
DianeArnoldAdministrator

Hi Jenadrian79. Difficult decision. Years ago, that's all we did as we didn't have the expertise to grow to 5 day blastocyst. We still got lots of pregnancies even then. I think I would go with your embryologist's advice, as he/she wants it to work too. Thinking of you. Diane

You may also like...