Fertility Network UK
17,258 members27,699 posts

All very new to this

Hello people. I've just started taking Merional today, not quite how I planned my weekend. Does anyone have any tips on taking it? So far I've been pretty bad at it.

17 Replies
oldestnewest

No tips but wanted to say welcome! And wish you luck 😘 xxx

1 like

Thank you! I think I need all the luck I can get right now. Xx

1 like

Ice pack the area before u inject, I found that really helped. Then treat yourself to a nice chocolate. Good luck with your cycle xx

1 like

That's a great tip. Thank you. I also like the idea of a nice Choco too. Xx

1 like

I'm starting stimulation next week hopefully. The chocolate seens like a gteat idea. Someone mentioned small gel cooling pads to put on the area after injecting? I couldn't find any on Amazon but will have another look tonorrow

Hope your week flies. Y and you can get started. I'll have a look for the cooling pads as well. They seem like a good idea too. X

1 like

I injected in my thighs and it does sting a little good luck

I hadn't thought of doing my thighs. Need to inject tonight so I'll let you know what's better. Feel like abit of a pin cushion already. 🙈

I inject thighs too. Hadn't realised that others injected anywhere else! I'm so ignorant!

I was just doing as I was told. My husband is a nurse so I tend not to question him when it comes to anything medical. I'm just glad it's not my bum!

Not your bum - or thighs... so where?? I'm intrigued!

Just my stomach. 👍🏻 Found the ice pack worked a treat.

Aaaaah!! :-)

Glad the ice pack worked. I just otdered a cool gel pack ready for next week (will keep it in the fridge) - they come up if you type "bruise soothers" on amazon x

Really pleased the injections are more comfortable for you now x

Bruise soothers 😂 I'll need to order them asap. Also just realised I've to take another injection as of tomorrow it will be merional am and Centrotide pm. X

Oh! Yes, it's very easy to feel like a pin cushion. Do all you can to make them bearable. We have created a little morning routine around it now, where my husband brews some fresh coffee and draws up the injections for me. And we have a coffee together outside on our patio after - not sure how long that will last but the weather is gorgeous at the moment!

I was told when I start stimulation I will have three injections, one in morning suprecur and two menopor in the evening.

I ordered a smiley flower bruise soother - it looked cheery and I couldn't face a peppa pig one!! Good luck - you can do it xxx I'm reminding myself its not for THAT long ultimately....

I've not quite cracked the routine yet. I hope you get on ok with the 3 injections. Everyone seems to have a different journey on here. In a way it's quite nice. Now I need to confess I bought the peppa pig one. 😂

1 like

Haha! Brilliant! Hope they help xx

You may also like...