Fertility Network UK
13,106 members21,191 posts

Viability Scan Pending... 😬

Tuesday is the day! I cannot even begin to describe my anxiety, it’s through the roof! My hubby and I are over thinking everything. We just can’t relax! I suppose this is totally normal?!

We’ve been in this boat before, and left the scan with broken hearts - an empty sac, a blighted ovum. Call it what you like... it was game over.

I’m trying to champion the positives of this ‘pregnancy’ thus far. I’m beyond tired, like napping level tired. I don’t nap.

The nausea... I can’t believe I’m having food aversions. Me! Mrs foodie!

I realise I’m lucky to get to this stage as many journeys don’t make it this far, and I want my post to be sensitive to that fact. This is the biggest emotionally committed I’ve been to anything in my life, and I didn’t realise I’d be ‘lucky’ to fall pregnant, albeit early days. We all deserve emotional pats on the back, and share virtual hugs for taking on this treatment minefield!

I want also to believe in this scan - to believe that this is our shot?! This is more than a blueberry - it’s our baby.

Thank you for reading and believe me when I say I’m on your side, everyone’s side. In a non patronising way. I want us all to come out of this as fulfilled individuals ❤️

12 Replies
oldestnewest

What a lovely lovely post💗 Best of luck for Tuesday xx

1 like

Good luck for Tuesday 🤞 x

1 like

I have my scan on Tuesday too! I have the same anxiety and equally excited 😊 Best of luck Tuesday xx

1 like

Hoping you have great news on Tues x

1 like

Best of luck for you both. I'm in the same position, I had an empty sac previously :( Now I'm waiting for my scan but it's not until 10th May - trying to relax but it's not easy! Really hope it goes well for you on Tuesday xx

1 like

Good luck for Tuesday

The anxiety doesn't get any better..well it hasn't for me

Looking forward to hearing your good news on Tuesday xx

1 like

Good luck xxx

1 like

Good luck for Tuesday. Everyone on here is supporting you xxxx

1 like

Many many virtual hugs!!! My scan is on Wednesday and feeling pretty nervous about it. I keep flitting between “the symptoms are due to my body growing a baby” and “the symptoms are just side effects of the progesterone”

Arghh!

1 like

Good luck!! 🍀 My scan is in just over 3 weeks...I don’t know how I’ll wait that long. Anxious already 😣xx

1 like

Best of luck for tomorrow.xxx

1 like

Ooh such a nice post. Best of luck for your scan. Please keep us informed. Take care 💖

1 like

You may also like...