Fertility Network UK
12,796 members • 20,702 posts

Why do I do this to myself 😂

So I'm 14dp trigger shot and about 12dpo, I wasn't going to test as since Monday I've been having cramps on and off so thought AF was coming and I just don't 'feel pregnant. So ad I was on my way to bed this evening I decided on a whim (rookie mustskw) to take a test. Anyway there is a rather faint line but I see it. Now o need to wait a few days to double check and make sure it's not a chemical. Have any of you experienced on and off again cramps in lower stomach/groin and lower back at about 1 -2 weeks pregnant? I know cramping can happen but can't find anything about having them in lower back other than early miscarriage or AF arriving.

Thanks ladies

19 Replies
oldest • newest

Symptoms are all too similar between af and early pregnancy. Last thing at night pee is not the strongest. I would try again in the morning with your first pee. So you are 7 days past 5 day transfer. I would say that could be a congratulations but I am not sure when the trigger shot leaves your system.

Try again in the morning and see if the line is stronger.

A cautious congratulations to you for now though xx😁

No I don't have ivf, I have ovulation induction with gonal F and timed intercourse as my issue lies with not ovulating and I'm also high risk of ohss due to pcos so so I only have 5000iu of the trigger rather than the normal 10000iu. No had a negative test on 12dp trigger shot do I'm pretty confident that is out of my system.

Thank you, I've barely managed to sleep haha but I will retest with fmu x

1 like

Hi bms12, congratulations. The symptoms you are experiencing are normal and can also be enhanced from the progesterone. Try not too worry and retest on your otd xx

1 like

Trigger shot will be long gone - can take up to 10 days to leave system so 14 days later and hCG is all you! Congratulations 🤗

I had my BFP at 12 DPO too... I had cramping (pangs and a general period like feeling) on 9-10, then very pronounced cramps 11 DPO. However I’m now 20 DPO & so far so good! So I think the cramping is normal. Good luck!! Xx

1 like

Oh good, it's was the cramping that bothering me, I know some are normal but had them 5 days now xx

Congratulations!! I’ve tested the trigger out of my system and with me it takes 12 days but by then it’s v v faint! I had my bfp at 5 days post 5 day blasto transfer, only symptom was v slightly achy boobs but off and on, nothing else. First hcg bloods were on day 13 post transfer and over 1000 🙏🏼 Second bloods today 🤞🏼. Good luck!! X

Hey thank you, I only have a half dose of the trigger shot as I'm having ovulation induction with due to PCOS and because I'm high risk of ohss. So I know the trigger was out by day 10 so it looks like a good sign! Xx

1 like

Forgot to say cramping is v normal! My sister and friends had this v early on and a few months into pregnancy. Don’t worry! All normal and a good sign x

1 like

Those hormones and drugs... the symptoms are crazy! You’ll need to do a morning test... big luck lady! xx

1 like

I've lost the plot I swear haha. Yes I'm going to retest this AM if I can go! O can't go when I'm nervous haha

1 like

Typical! Let us know how you do. X

1 like

Update - went and got a first response and it is definitely positive! And that was after only 4 hours urine. So will be even darker with fmu x

3 likes

congratulations! x

1 like

Thank you! I don't believe it yet. Got a scan booked for the 5th of may! Seems far too soon though!

Test is still super faint this morning but at least it's still there. I'll have to wait I think and see what happens x

2 likes

Good luck!

1 like

Thank you xx

Good luck xx

1 like

Thank you xx

You may also like...