Fertility Network UK
16,450 members26,926 posts

Should I stop alcohol and coffee?

Hello wonderful ladies,

Can I ask some advice, I have my egg donor booked in for treatment due to start next week I think, just need confirmation of appointment. Do you think I should stop all Caffeine and wine? And should I be eating certain things? I want to give my body the best chance !

Thanks xxx

10 Replies
oldestnewest

I think it’s actually less important for you to cut them out if it’s donor eggs, if it were me I’d probably enjoy myself then kick them both a few days before transfer? But that’s just me!xx

1 like

Yeah I’d cut out caffeine and alcohol and stick to an all round healthy diet. I have tried pomegranate juice 🤔 as I heard it can help but no evidence really just trying what I can. I’ve heard pineapple is good too. Good luck xx

1 like

My clinic advises no alcohol as soon as my treatment begins in prepping my body for transfer using donor egg...

1 like

I think the only thing with alcohol & caffeine before transfer is that it could affect your lining. If you are dehydrated & the blood flow to the uterus is restricted then your lining might not thicken up very well. I think the odd small glass of wine can’t hurt though?! Xxx

2 likes

I didn’t know that!x

Ok thanks I wasnt sure why but the dehydrated thing makes sense xxx

Hi Myhope, I used donor eggs and was advised to cut out alcohol completely and limit my caffeine, so I switched to decaf x

H thanks, how did it go for you? X

It finally worked! I got my bfp this morning xx

1 like

Oh wow!!!! I'm so happy for you congratulations

You may also like...