Fertility Network UK
13,929 members22,919 posts

Onwards and upwards!

Hi all,

Soo...it’s been a couple of weeks now since I had my BFN.

The fertility clinic will be sending me an appointment for my review shortly, but will be expecting this to take place in a few months.

We’ve decided to take a few months out to give us a break from the whole IVF malarkey. We’ve a tentative plan to give it another try towards summer time, which will also give us time to save up.

In the meantime, after troughing on shed loads of choccy and a few alcoholic beverages (as you do) I’ve decided to try and get myself abit more healthier. I’m also wanting to take some supplements which I’ve see some folk refer to. Any advice on which ones to take?

💕

7 Replies
oldestnewest

A break sounds good. What area are you looking to improve with the supplements? Good luck for your Summer cycle xx

1 like

Egg quality if possible. Thank you, I’ve got my fingers crossed 🤞 for you xx

1 like

I took ubiquinol which I got from Amazon. I had my best crop of eggs of three rounds after taking it.

Try reading “it starts with the egg” for ideas but don’t take it tooooo much to heart, it has an awful lot of suggestions!

2 likes

Thanks for the advice! I’ll take a look xx

Hi Lou, I failed my first round of IVF in January. My consultant has recommended ubiquinol 300mg, omega 3 1000mg, DHEA (and melatonin when next stimming). I’m also holding off till the summer till I start again. X

1 like

Thanks tiger, i’ll look into those. Wishing you lots of luck for your next round 💕 xx

No worries, they were mainly recommended for improving egg quality. DHEA is not something that should be taken by everyone though, so worth researching properly. Wishing you the very best of luck too. It all feels like such a cruel flip of a coin. X

1 like

You may also like...