Fertility Network UK
13,551 members22,038 posts

Hysteroscopy

So after looking at my womb in detail today. The consultant could really see my fibroid causing an issue with implantation I don’t know whether I’m pleased or disappointed because I kind of wanted an answer to why we had 3 failed transfers. I’m getting really restless and anxious now. I’m to continue with Esmya for 3 months anyway. Round 2 ivf cancelled and i still don’t feel any closer or hopeful. A part of me wonders so I need a surrogate :( that my body is just failing us

9 Replies
oldestnewest

Sorry you didn’t get any concrete answers about your transfers but hopefully they can help with your fibroid. Do you mind me asking how you found the procedure? X

The procedure was fine I was so nervous I’ve read terrible things about pain but to be honest it was no more invasive than a smear, I had some light spotting after but to be honest it was fine :) xx

Thank you, I’m dreading mine 🙈 hopefully 2018 is your year 🤞xx

I think any information is better than no information. Hopefully you’ll be in a better position to start ivf round 2 once they have dealt with your fibroid x

1 like

Sorry you didn't get any more info....so frustrating!😕 Glad you feel ok afterwards though!!xx

1 like

I think I’m just used to it now. My boyfriend was more optimistic than me ! He said it’s great news my fibroid doesn’t look too much of an issue, he’s looking at it in a positive way so I’m trying to be positive now. I think I just wanted answers today. But I the consultant did say IVF is often like a lucky dip and sometimes it just takes a few goes for it to work. So maybe we’ve just been on the unlucky side for now. We’ve got another round in the spring/summer so fingers crossed the fibroid will shrink whilst I’m waiting and taking the meds and we’l have a bit more luck 👍🏼

I so think that is a massive positive that there isn't problem with the fibroids....defo need to focus on the positives....there arent many in this malarkey!! I'm still waiting on my results but the consultant removed a fair bit of scar tissue - watched my DVD - not quite sure why I have scar tissue yet but I don't care if it helps! Heres hoping we've just had rubbish luck so far!!xx

1 like

I’m determined to have a better 2018 than a 2017 ! I’m scraping my way through with a positive mindset the tides have to turn soon surely 🙈 I’m glad your consultant managed to improve your scar tissue ! Xxx

1 like

Fingers crossed for us both! Positivity is the way forward!!xx

2 likes

You may also like...