Fertility Network UK
14,282 members23,494 posts

Pregnancy test confusion

Hi,

I've been following this forum for a while however I've just never had the guts to post!

My partner and I have been trying for 3 years and have our referral appointment for IVF in January. However I have just done a pregnancy test and it was rather strange.... In the control window the line was slightly off centre and In the test window there was a very faint line- but again this was slightly off centre. I'm definitely not getting my hopes up but I was wondering if anyone can confirm if this means the test is invalid? Or is this an evaporation line? I can't seem to find anything online or in the instruction leaflet so if anyone has had a similar thing would be great to know the outcome!! Thank you. Also I love reading all your posts, they have really helped me loads!

Natalie x

8 Replies
oldestnewest

I would definitely take another test as it sounds like you can’t trust this test to be reliable. Fingers crossed for a positive!

Thank you!! I have just done another - again it is off centre and again there is a really faint line!! I am not due for a couple of days so it is early... I think I'll go and buy one of those early detection tests and try again in the morning!! Thank you! Im really not going to get my hopes up tho! After 3 years all hope is nearly lost! Xxxxx

I would recommend first response early response tests. Really hope it shows you another positive x

Thank you!! I will get one this afternoon! Xxx

1 like

It was positive. I am in complete shock. Thank you so much for yesterday! I know it's strange but you really helped me when there wasn't really anyone else I could ask. Miracles do happen. Xxxxxx

3 likes

Congratulations xx

Thank you!! Xxxx

I’m so pleased! Bring on the next nine months! 💜💜

1 like

You may also like...