Fibroids... end of treatment 😔 - Fertility Network UK

Fertility Network UK

36,444 members45,926 posts

Fibroids... end of treatment 😔

mimisquiz77 profile image

Just saw my consultants after a 3D scan. We found that fibroids were affecting my lining. He recommends me to have a surgery. This means I have to stop the treatment. We were going for egg donner. She has started the stimulation and soon will be ready for egg collection. The clinic recommended us to carry on with the egg donner and to freeze the embryos. We just don’t know what to do as we believe the success rate are less with frozen egg. Compare to fresh embryos. The clinic said that the success rate was the same. We were wonder if some people have been in the same situation and what did they do. Thanks for your help and support

7 Replies

It is the same. In fact I’ve done one fresh and two frozen and the fresh was a negative and both fets were positive. So please don’t worry on that score. Your consultant just wants what’s going to give you a better chance at success. I know it’s disappointing to have to prolong things but you’ll get there, and when you do everything will be just as it should be xx

It can be better to have a FET as your body isn't as messed up like during a fresh cycle. My first fresh was chemical, 2nd cycle was FET and bfp but unfortunately ended in miscarriage, 3rd cycle was fresh BFN and 4th fresh BFP now 6w+6d today. I believe everything happens for a reason even if you don't know the reason at the time. If you didn't get this sorted now could cause a problem further down the line. Stay positive and good luck x

I've been told it's the same and if not better. There is lots of research going on the moment and it looks very promising!! Sorry to hear that you've had this news but at least if you carry on just now you can be ready for transfer once you have recovered from surgery!xx

I had first DE fresh and that was a positive same donor had 2 blasts FET = BFN a further FET = BFN....

Each to their own I suppose last round new donor going with fresh transfer x

Might just be my head and no scientific facts to back this up, but I always think if your embie can survive the defrost then his already a little fighter. Going with a FET this time and I’m not worried about it possibly being less effective.

Success rates are the same and there are many trials going on where it might actually be better.

DianeArnold profile image

Hi Mimiwisz. Just get yourself over the surgery, so you can proceed with FET. Your little frosties will be quite safe waiting for you, and ready to give you just the same results as if they were fresh. Good luck and I shall be thinking of you. Diane

Hi lovely ladies, thank you very much for you kind messages. They mean a lot to me as I feel a bit low today. But I am keeping positive and can’t wait to have an embryos transferred. I wish all the best to those who are on treatment Xx

You may also like...