Positive energy needed for Tigger please

Positive energy needed for Tigger please

Although not strictly ttc/ivf related, some of you know that after losing our baby last month we got a beautiful bunny called Lilly. Just about 4 weeks later we lost Lilly too. I was a crumbling mess after having been just turning a corner with thanks to the love and affection I got from Lilly. The only thing that made sense was to go out and get another baby bun to love, somewhere for me to pour all the love I had for the baby and for Lilly, something to soothe my heart, not to replace Lilly. That's where Tigger came in last week. He's been hard work and required us to be very patient with him, but the last couple of days he'd been noticeably much happier and was letting us pet him nicely. We were beginning to bond.. however today he's been a very poorly little bun. I took him straight to the vets after work. He was very well behaved while they took his temperature (thankfully normal) and gave him injections and oral medication. He's back home with us but he's looking very sorry for himself and isn't eating. He has meds for 5 days. I have to let them know if he's any worse tomorrow. The thing is today as I stood in the consultation room with him I realised something; I love him. I don't want to lose him. I can't bear anymore losses. I just can't. I'm not strong enough. So please please, pray or wish or keep your fingers crossed for my little boy Tigger 🀞 πŸ™πŸ» πŸ€ 🐾 😒

Vicky xx

Last edited by

113 Replies

oldest β€’ newest
  • Aww Hun I will definitely say a prayer for your baby bunny πŸ™πŸ» Really hope he pulls through ok. X

• Thank you. I'm so worried and I honestly can't take anymore x

• Oh hunny..I haven't been on here much and saw you lost lilly such a cruel cruel blow for you. Pets are family and I love our dog more than anything and he was my rock besides dh during and after treatment so I know exactly how you feel. Sending you and tigger loads of love..get well soon tigger your mummy needs you 🐰🐰🐰xxx

• I do need him! Thank you xx

• I'm so sorry, but your luck has to turn around sometime- it has to!! I pray it will be in time for tigger to get back to full health ! Sending healing wishes for you and tigger 🐯 X

• Thank you. I feel cursed atm. Honestly. X

• I can imagine! But try and stay positive! I hope you have someone supportive to help you through all this. Don't bottle it up.

X

• My OH. I don't know where he gets the strength X

• He has to because he knows you need him πŸ™‚ I think if he was struggling more than you - you would somehow find the strength inside to support him ! We are strong and as f***king awful as this journey can be, it only makes us stronger in the end! I hope you feel better soon x x

• I'm not so worried about me it's Tigger im worried about but thank you for your support xx

• πŸ˜’πŸ™πŸ»πŸ™πŸ»

• Sending positive thoughts for you XX

• Thank you xx

• Ahhh he'll be ok toots! I'm sure the vets have a plan, just like the Drs do for us....always a plan & looking after us! With much love & tlc I hope he will pull through!! Give him a little clap from my husband & me....thats a Scottish pet/stroke btw!xx

• Oh no you are having such a tough time of it. Praying for poor wee tigger and you xx

• I know. I can't believe it! xx

• Oh Vicky I am so sorry to see your post. It really must feel as though you can't catch a break at the moment. Of course, I'll pray for Tigger and for you. Our animals are so important and really are family so it's awful when they're poorly. Both our girls (cats) were poorly quite soon after we got them and I remember feeling so anxious that I had them next to the bed so I could check on them in the night. I know it might seem bleak at the moment but things will start to improve in time. We went through a shocking period with my dad dying, hubby's mum very very ill, our first cat Frank being killed by a car all topped off with no success in the baby making department. I said to hubby, I can't do another year like this but fortunately, the awful things seemed to stop happening and we caught a bit of a break. Keep hanging in there; things will improve. Sending you a big hug. Vic xxx

• That's exactly how it feels; one bad thing after another and another and it's beating the hell out of me. I'm exhausted and it probably doesn't help matters that my hormones are probably all over the place either! Still waiting for all that to settle.. still, never mind me, Tigger is my priority at the moment xx

• Come on Tigger, we are all rooting for you! Get well very soon little fellow! ❀πŸ’ͺ🐰

• Oh you are having such an awful time and I only wish there was something we could all do to help 😞

I have two rabbits and a week after bringing them home one got very sick. It was at the vets every day for injections and pain killers but it wasn't improving (it had tummy problems). They vet said if there was no improvement he would have to put her down the next day, then suggested we try giving her pineapple juice as a last resort! Well we did, a few little syringes full and it saved her life! Now I'm not suggesting this will fix all bunny problems, but if it's a stomach issue it may help. Maybe read up on it a little and see what you think.

After spending hundreds on medications it was a £1 bottle of pineapple juice that made the real difference to our bun. 🐰

Keeping everything crossed for you and Tigger xx❀

• He has stomach problems too. I can't lose him!! Not after losing the baby and Lilly! I'm going to do exactly what you said and look up pineapple juice. In my time I've had fish; hamsters, guinea pigs, rats and rabbits and never have I ever had to take one to the vets within having any of them a week! xx

• Funny that pineapple juice should work for rabbits like some woman find it helps with implantation too..think I will forever drink pineapple juice 🍍🍍🍍🍍🍍xxxx

• I've looked into it but there's some conflicting advice; some say it's old school and shouldn't be used due to it's extremely high sugar content (which can cause diarrhoea in rabbits and others say it's helped. I don't know what to do 😩 xx

• Yes I know which is why it is your decision. And we would never have known about it if the vet hadn't suggested it. The problem with our bunny was she couldn't eat and couldn't poo and was just getting bigger every day with bloating 😞 (Apparently bunnies have very sensitive stomachs and we think we may have given ours too many pellets which upset her system)

The pineapple juice did work as a laxative for her and then she started nibbling hay. After five days of watching her refuse food and get bigger and bigger it was such a relief to see her start to nibble. We also gave tummy rubs and massages. How is Tigger today?

• I've massaged his belly a couple of times this morning. He's eaten a tiny amount of hay. But no poops since yesterday morning.. I think I will get some pineapple juice just in case.. he's going back to the vet at 12:15 xx

• Good luck lovely, I'll be thinking of you. And we only gave a tiny amount, a couple of syringes in total over a couple of days. Sending love and healing vibes 😘

• So much love and prayers for you both xx

• Aw bigs hugs to you, I hope he is ok 😞 xxx

• Sending hugs and prayers for tigger and you. Did you buy the bunnies from the same place hun?

• Yes but Lilly died because of the anaesthetic risk for buns when we had her spayed. Lilly was a very happy and healthy little bun which only made me feel worse that she died, it was so senseless and pointless! X

• Keeping my fingers crossed & sending love and best wishes to you and Tiger xx

• Oh no! I really hope he is feeling better today xx

• He's not much better.. I've got some meds into him with the syringe but that was hard work! He's barely eating anything and has not pooped since yesterday! A healthy rabbit will go up to 300 times a day! So worried about him xx

• Oh Hun, u r having a real time of it at the moment!! Keeping everything crossed that Tigger makes a full recovery xxx

• I know. Just when you think things can't get any worse and life has dealt you enough blows something else comes along to kick you when you're down! xx

• Your luck has got to change soon.normally it comes in 3s! I would say u have defo had your 3 so it has to get better from now x

• Unfortunately this seems to be the 4th. On the 29th of March and before we lost the baby, before I bought Lilly home, I had another bun, Ben, put to sleep. At least he was 11 this year though so he'd had a good run xx

• Oh nooooo!!! Oh Hun I really hope it turns around for u.does Tigger seem any better this afternoon?x

• Get well soon little tigger πŸ°πŸ’•

• This condition can be fatal in rabbits so that's why I'm worrying myself sick! I've been up with him since 6:30 am. I'm going to have to miss work, which isn't ideal when I have vet bills to pay for but I can't take my eyes off him all day and should he need to be rushed back to the vet my OH isn't able to physically catch him xx

• Thinking of your precious furbaby with much love and hope he will be 100% again soon xx I adore animals - sometimes even preferring them to humans - and I know that it takes no time at all for a strong invisible string to connect your heart and theirs...hope he he will be alright πŸ’

• It wasn't an instant bond like I formed with Lilly but nonetheless I have realised I love him. I'm not prepared to sit by and watch while he detiorates in front of my eyes. I can't let this be my third loss in 5/6 weeks! X

• Big hugs hun im sure he'llbe alright xx

• Sending positive thoughts your way bless him xxxx. πŸ˜˜πŸ˜˜πŸ˜˜πŸ’—πŸŒˆ

• Awww get well soon tigger, sending loads of possitive vibes for himπŸ˜™ and big hugs for you too xx

• Awe Tugs what a time your having and poor Tigger.

Hope he comes on much better today as I can understand how worried you must be.

Xx

• I'm not happy with his "progress" which really isn't much! Im going to ring the vets again this morning. I can't believe our run of bad luck lately xx

• Sending lots of love & positive thoughts your way. Maybe the medication makes him loose his appetite & once the course is finished he'll start eating again. Does he have a favourite food or treat? Maybe try giving him that. When my pug gets ill the only thing he'll eat is scrambled egg. People without pets sometimes just think they're just animals but they're family. X

• I've tried him with everything! Rabbits are notoriously good at hiding their pain so when they stop eating it's a sign that something is seriously wrong.. the vet said I got him in nice and quick and as I'm not happy with his progress this morning he's going back xx

• Ps he'd already stopped eating yesterday which is why I took him.. when a rabbit is in pain it won't eat. I wish he would.. his stomach needs to stabilise xx

• Taking him back to the vets is the best thing to do then. He looks like a tough little cookie & is very loved. Update us all after you've been back to the vets x

• Will do xx

• Sending positive vibes for Tigger :) XOXO

• Oh mrs heart is breaking for youπŸ’”You have had the most horrendous time, hoping wee tigger gets better, sending loads of positivity your way πŸ™πŸ™β€πŸ’‹

• Thank you. Yes I can't remember such bad luck in such a short space of time in my life, ever! xx

• aww I'm so sorry hun, I will pray for Tigger. Life is cruel, we get a piece if happiness and then its taken away . .what did we do to ever deserve this?. I am hoping Tigger gets better so you are able to give your love him . . good luck hun xx

• Thank you xx

• Aw Vicky I really hope he will be fine and you can continue to bond and have a lovely relationship, everything crossed for that little cutie πŸ™πŸ» Xx

• Aw I'm so sorry, fingers crossed he's doing better today x

• Just home from my surgery but wanted to wish you all the best at the vets xxx

• Thank you I really appreciate it. I hope your surgery was ok and that you recover quickly xx

• Tigger has been admitted and will be transferred to the animal hospital this afternoon. It's all down to a blockage of gas in his intestines! But it can be fatal and he's a very poorly little bun 😞 They're going to do everything they can to make him well again but there are no guarantees.... please keep thinking of him. The next 24/48 hours are critical xx

• Oh pull through little Tigger...you are much loved xxx

• Oh no hope hes ok xx

• Oh no best wishes and a quick recovery to Tigger.i hope and pray he's up and about soon.xx

• Lotttts and looottts of hugs and kisses.xxx you way.and positive enegery for your honey bun.xxx

• Aw really hope he's ok 😒😒

• Update; he's settled into the intensive care and is being given intravenous fluids every hour. He's eating a little now but he's still not toileting. However they are pleased so far with him 🀞 xx

• Oh thx for ur update dear . I think I've lost a lot of conversation here. Praying he gets better And home soon πŸ™πŸ™πŸ™

• Glad to hear he's getting well looked after! Hopefully he's turning a corner!!xx

• Aaawwwww Hun . Don't worry he'll b all jumpy by tomorrow. Sending both of u lots of love . Get well soon tigger. 😘😘

• Thinking of you lovely and that little cutie xxx

• Sending little tigger lots of love. Animals can be amazingly strong - my guineapig had an egg sized tumour in his stomach (vet wanted to put him to sleep)...2 weeks of antibiotics later he was right was rain! Fingers crossed for your little bunny xxx

• Thank you all for your kind wishes. I will update you all tomorrow xx

• Sad to see he is in the hospital, but at least he's making progress ! Thinking of you all and praying for little tigger !! 🐰 X

• We had a call at 7 am to say that Tigger had deteriorated during the early hours. We rushed to the vets with the intention of saying goodbye but we were too late. Rest in peace Tigger. Binky free with Lilly and be with our Babba xx

• Oh Tugsgirl. My heart is sending you so much love for your difficult times. :( xxx

• Oh Vicky I'm so so sorry, this is absolutely dreadful for you πŸ˜”Life is being so cruel to you, I hope with all my heart that from now on things take a turn for the better & you have happiness beyond your wildest dreams in the near future. There has to be a reason for these devastating events. Sending you huge virtual hugs & strength xxxxx

• Thank you xx

• Dear I'm so so sorry. Please take care of urself and have a nice vacation. Xx

• This made me cry...the sheer injustice of it all!! I am so very sorry...I have no words!! :( Sending much love xxx

• I miss him 😞 xx

• Oh no. Life is so cruel. 😒

• Oh god. I can't believe this has happened again to you. I was so full of hope for you when you posted you had a new bun. I am so incredibly sorry you just be heartbroken. All my love to you xx

• Oh sweetheart I'm so so sorry. 😞Xxx

• You know when you wake up in the morning and for a few seconds everything is ok? Then it hits you xx

• In the space of five weeks we've lost the baby, Lilly and now Tigger. It was only last Tuesday we lost Lilly. These little buns were supposed to help me deal with the loss of our Babba xx

• :( and I bet it just feels like a reminder. I won't tell you you're strong to battle on. Because you know this and don't need to hear it. Can you and hubby have a weekend away? x

• We're actually going away for a week tomorrow with my aunt and uncle who are paying for us to stay in a cottage by the sea. Lilly, and then Tigger were going to stay with an angel of a lady who runs a small boarding for rabbits. X

• So pleased you're both having a little break. Is the weather still holding up? Take the time for each other. xx

• It's raining today but it's supposed to get better next week. To be honest I don't care. I just need to get out of this house that's beginning to feel like a house of death and sadness, as much as I love our home xx

• It'll do you both good to be somewhere else xx

• Oh I have no words Vicky! How dreadful the last few weeks have been for both you and your hubby! Thinking of you!xx

• Aww my heart breaks for you reading this, after all you have been through life can be so cruel. Sending massive hugs xxx

• Sending you huge love darling I cannot begin to imagine how you must be feeling. Sending you strength and hope you have a wonderful break away xx

• Thank you. I know that you're hurting too. xx

• Thank you all from the bottom of my heart xx

• Big hugs to you :* I don't have much left to say :( :( Hope you can feel better soon, I know it's hard :(

• So sorry Tugs I had been hoping for better news.

Take care of yourself, you defo need this break with your loved ones.

One day at a time xx

• So sorry to read this Vicky, how heartbreaking for you and you've been through so much recently. I hope you'll enjoy your break away, you both deserve it. Take care and enjoy your break as much as you can xxx

• We had some blue and pink helium filled balloons left over from a party my Mum went to at the weekend so we wrote on the blue one for Tigger and the pink one for Lilly and we set the balloons free 🎈 🎈 πŸ‡ 🐰 🐾 ❀️

• I am so sorry. I can't imagine what you're going through after these last couple of weeks. From the bottom of my heart I hope that things get better for you and you can start to heal.

All my love,

Lucy xx

• So kind. Thank you xx

• Jeez Vicky, that's so so awful. I don't know what to say, except I'm thinking of you...hope life gets better very soon xxx

• Don't know what to say really, other than that I'm so sorry your going through this. Sending hugs πŸ’” X

• How is Tigger doing? x

• He died on Friday morning as we were on our way to see him x

• Oh I am so sorry to read this. I am praying that things start to make a turn for the positive for you. I'm sending you a big hug. x

• I've just realised that I missed your previous post. I'm so sorry. I hope you didn't think I was being insensitive asking how Tigger was when you'd already posted. I'd just not seen it and had been wondering how he was getting on. Sorry again. X

• That's ok. Thank you x

• Id not seen the end of your message trail for little Tigger until i was checking the feed, so sorry for another horrible loss for you :( xxx

• Thank you xx

• So sorry I am just catching up on these messages as wondered how you were. So sorry about your little rabbit how sad xxx

You may also like...