I am 22. My husband on the other hand is 28

My husband and I have been trying to conceive for already a year.

I haven't had my period for 1 YEAR 4MONTHS already which is freaking me out. It is not normal. I have gone to my doctors but they all act like it is nothing to worry about because of my age.

I don't know what to do? Should I start testing if i am able to have kids. where should i start?.

what should be our next step we are both ready for the responsibility.

Does anyone know , how much I'm I looking at spending on the test , and all the process?

Last edited by

6 Replies

  • Well, firstly you need to go back to the doctor or see a different doctor who will take it seriously as they should not be dismissing you just because you are young. Its irrelevant. They can refer you for a blood test to check hormone levels or refer you on for the basic fertility checks. You do not have to pay for this. I am not a doctor but it sounds like you may have PCOS. Read this up online. Not sure if you are having any other symptoms other than not having a period for that long but it still points to PCOS or a hormone imbalance but it needs to be checked whatever the case.

  • Thank you for responding.

    I actually had blood work done to check my hormones and everything came out regular.

    I just looked up PCOS , sounds just about right.

    I will definitely try another doctor.

    Thank you once again.

  • Ahh well that's good then. Well in that case they probably think you should just keep trying for a while before starting any fertility route. Different doctors have different opinions and some are old school. Sometimes it takes a few years but in the end people conceive naturally. On the other hand people have continued to try but with no luck and then have to get help. Its different if you were having periods but your not. So there's every chance your not releasing an egg and without one your not getting the chance so yes go back to the doctor. There are drugs that can get you to release an egg if not more than one. You could start pregnacare pre conception tablets whilst your waiting. Or there's a natural tablet called Agnus Castus which is known for regulating women's hormones etc. It has great reviews you can purchase on Ebay/Amazon/Holland & Barratt. Both of which I have used. Keep us posted and good luck xxx

  • Hello Bee2012

    I agree with the others. You need to go back to see the doctor and insist they investigate why you're not having a period.

    Good luck x

  • You do need to see a new doctor from the sounds of it. And before you throw yourself into fertility treatment, you could try tracking your cycles with ovulation sticks to see if you are ovulating. They are pretty accurate and you will know what time each month you are fertile. I wouldn't rush into fertility treatment, it's a difficult process, not to be taken lightly. Having said that, it could be worth checking AMH levels if you have not done so, this indicates what your egg reserve is like and may direct you on the path of fertility treatment or not. Also, I agree with crystal that you need to take Pregnacare so that you have folic acid built up prior to pregnancy.

  • Hi, Bee! I'm totally confused your docs do not see the things to worry about!?! What's that - it happens because of your age?! You're very young and full of strength, why is it normal for your docs you haven't had your periods for 1y 4m? I think it's very alarming. And from the very beginning it's of great importance to find the right experts. It's not I'm talking your docs are not qualified enough.. (which I really doubt!) But for you to make sure you don't face any fertility issue.

    Do not waste time. In my 40 I have regular periods. Our problem moves around the disease called luteal phase defect. But the riper the age is the more problems there appear to be in women. It's a common knowledge.

    Dear Bee, pretty young creature, take your problem seriously! I wish you all the best. May God help your wish come true!


You may also like...