Don't know what to expect :(

Hi ladies, for those of you who saw my post a few days ago I'm new to all of this, but I'm on the waiting list for Ivf. I literatly have no idea what to expect with the whole process. I didn't even know I had to give myself these injections until the other day.... Do they hurt? Where do you inject? I know deep down I will do what ever it takes to be able to start our little family, but I'm so nervous about it. I thought it was good news when I got told about having IVF, but now I'm just getting a bit worked up about it all. I probably sound like a right wimp haha!! Any reassurance will be greatly appreciated xxx

Last edited by

4 Replies

oldestnewest
  • Hi Emma, I'm afraid I can't be much help with IVF but I just wanted to try and reassure you a little. I'm sure you will be talked through every single step that needs to be taken. Just take it one thing at a time. You don't sound like a wimp... You sound very normal. It is a bug thing to go through but you will be well supported by doctors and nurses.

Hope that helps a tiny bit xx

• I was worried about the injections and cried during our injection training. The nurse suggested she did an injection so I would know it wasn't as bad as I was thinking, she was right the injections in your tummy are fine and don't hurt. I got my hubby to mix up the Menopur as the larger mixing needle gave me the creeps. Don't do them if you're watching something funny! The injection sites can get a bit sore but they tell you to inject in alternate sides of your tummy, I tended to use one side as it was easier for me. Remember to follow the clinic's instructions and grab a handful of tummy before you inject and let go as you take the needle out.

I had progesterone injections in my bum, hubby did these they hurt more as they're intramuscular but are over quickly.

Good luck, wishing you every success.

• Hello! I am mid way through our first cycle of IVF so have been injecting for just over a week. I was told to inject in my tummy (below the belly button) or top of my thigh. So far I've gone with the tummy. I can honestly say it has been absolutely fine so far. I even did one in the restaurant loo when I was out for dinner last Saturday (I was very proud of myself - lol!). There's a slight nip when the needle goes in and it does feel strange to be doing it but I honestly think you will be fine!

Best of luck x

• P.s. Just try to take it be day at a time and don't think too far into the future! Good luck x

You may also like...