Possible Endo?? Help!

I wonder if anybody else is having the same things as me, would be great to get some advice! I have suffered from recurrent UTI's for about 6/7 months now and the doctors repeatedly prescribe antibiotics. I have been asked whether I have IBS which I don't as tests were done. However, I have been told that Endo and IBS get mixed up sometimes.

I usually have this bloating, dull ache and pain mainly in my sides which sometimes is severe. I have a strong family history of Endo and cysts as my mother, grandmother and sister have all had Endo.

Any advice on what I should do? GP won't give me an appointment for 3 weeks and not sure if I can wait that long.

4 Replies

oldestnewest
  • Hiya, unfortunately the only way to detect endo is by laparoscopy, if pain gets too severe then i would go to a and e and they will probably test you there, it cuts out months of waiting to find out, good luck

• Thank you for your response. Will bear that in mind. I appreciate the advice :)

• Endo can affect the bladder - I often get UTI symptoms which are just endo related. An ultra sound would often spot a cyst, and is often a first step to rule out fluid filled cysts.

The best thing is to keep a basic diary (even a outlook calendar will do) of your symptoms - it can help to show that your problems are cyclical and therefore the Dr is more likely to take it seriously and refer you. The more evidence the better.

Good luck!

• Thank you so much for your response! I will definitely try out your idea of keeping a diary! Brilliant suggestion. Hope your well :)

You may also like...