help! implant!

hi all,

been a while since i posted so here goes. generally i've been a lot better than i used to be - pain wise. ive been on the implant since august and the depo for over a year before then (which was after my lap) but the weight gain has been horrendous over 3 stone and heart breaking that i used to be a size 12 two years ago and now a 20. im 22 and this affects me terribly as im in and out of depression because of my weight. i have been on slimming world and now weight watchers and cant shift the weight i will do 1b one week put it on the next and so on! i have fibromyalgia also - so its so hard to exercise but i still do as im so desperate to loose the weight

i''ve been told by so many that its because of the implant but im terrified to take it out and i havent had a period in so long what if it is too painful to bear!? can i go onto the pill?

so scared of what to do please any comments are welcome

8 Replies

oldestnewest
  • i was under the impression that you couldnt have the implant for the treatment of endometriosis thats what i was told anyway but the pill cerazette will be good for you but if you over 100 kilos make sure they put you on 2 a day as it wont work with just the one i think that the endometriosis can put wait on or stop you from losing weight because when i am left untreated for any amount of time i either put on or stay the same at weight watchers and it has been that way quite a lot hope that you get on well and find something that suits you well make sure whatever it is you are comfortable with xx

• really? see my doctors told me that my only treatment endo is to stop my periods and the implant or dep-provera are the best options. than you for the advice xxx

• strange i was told that implant dont work on endo too by the gynae!! yes the cerazette is good too... and yes the depo-provera is the only option too...

hope it goes well for you

• Well i wouldnt be surprised if you girls were right - have been told so much rubbish these past two years i wouldnt know where to start! thanks for all your advice really helping :)

• Where are u from cos my doc put me on the implant to control the endo. I have also gained ove 3 stone. The implant didn't work so I was also put on norothistemine. This stopped my periods completely. However after about a year the tablet stopped working too. I have now ended up having a hysterectomy on Monday. Beeing only 29 its been a hard few days. I just hope now I can lose all the weight I've gained.

Talk to your doc bout norothistemine. It does work well most of the time. Take it easy hun XX

• Sorry that's norothisterone not norothistemine. I always get it wrong lol XX

• Hi ya. Thank you for getting back to me I'm sorry to hear you had the hysterectomy but I hope you're feeling better soon. I'm

From Bromley in Kent ? I will look into that thanks for the advice it's awful how much weight has been thrown on from this! How are you feeling ? Xx

• I'm from northampton. So not same docs. The weight gain in awful. Made me feel awful. I am desperate to get back down to a healthy size.

I'm doing ok ta. Very emotional every now and then but I'm sure I'll get there soon.

Hope you can get the answers u need. It is a great drug but not suitable for everyone.

Take car hun XX

You may also like...