Log in
Endometriosis UK
37,963 members33,208 posts

Help !!

Hi there, I found out that I have endometriosis about 2 years ago, at the beginning of this year the dr had put me on the pill to stop the pain!! Also my dr had referred me to the hospital to double check to see if it is endometriosis I still yet to hear from the hospital about the appointment!! ( 10 months later) still haven’t heard anything! My dr has referred me another 3 times !!! Still nothing.....!! I’m in pain every day I’m on the pill and I am taking naproxen 500mg 3 a days and the pain is effecting my whole life my relationship and the relationship with my child!!! I can’t do anything.....!!! I can’t even work without being in pain......!!! And the pain is so bad that I cry myself to sleep and I cry when I’m awake.........!!! I can’t sex coz I bleed after and it’s too painful........I feel like killing myself ...... I can’t live like this anymore.... I have a good support network but I feel very alone.....!!! Please if anyone has any information I would like to hear it.....

4 Replies

Have you been referred to a general gynae or a bgse specialist? Do you know what extent or grade the endo was diagnosed at previously? Even so it sounds with your increased symptoms that it has returned


I’ve been referred like 4 times. I don’t know the extent of the endometriosis I’m still waiting for a letter from the hospital. I don’t think it ever went away. It’s been like this for 2 years I’ve been on painkillers for the last 2 years and now I’m on the 21 day pill. My body is so used to the painkillers there not working anymore. So I’m just in pure pain. Nothing will help not even heat patches or the bath...... I’m like at my wits end now. I’m effecting the people I love with the condition.


Hi tashielou87,

Really sorry to hear you've been going through so much pain and waiting. Have you asked your GP to refer you to a different hospital? The GP should be able to give you a choice of hospitals available in your area. Waiting times for different hospitals may vary. Many appointments can be done online, just ask your GP for referral, and the GP should print out the referral straight away, with your log in and password details.

Your post sounds very concerning. We have a free helpline 0808 808 2227, which I do hope you will call; the women on the helpline have all had endometriosis themselves and are very willing to listen.

The Samaritans might also be able to help 08457 90 90 90.

You are not alone, so please make use of these helplines.

Feel free to respond if you have any questions.

Take care x


1 like

Okay thank you. I have an drs appointment today so I will ask. As they referred my 4 times already. It’s just a waiting game now. It’s very frustrating. It is having a downer on my sex life. I’m scared to have sex coz of the pain.


You may also like...