Rash from hot water bottle - scared myself to death reading online!!

So I wrote a post on here the other day I have had a strange rash appear where my pain is.

After looking online, it looks like it's from using my hot water bottle daily on the same place.

I've scared myself half to death with some people saying this can lead to skin cancer?!

Hot water bottles are the only thing that gives me even the slightest bit of relief but everywhere says to stop using them when a rash appears so I don't know what to do.

Does anyone else have this strange rash?

As if the pain wasn't bad enough!!

4 Replies

oldestnewest
  • I get it every so often my other half gets worried but I don't I know it's hot water bottle 💗🤗😘 I can't live with out super hot heat 💗🤗😘

• Erythema ab igne (hot water bottle 'syndrome') it's called this. Search it on here a lady called didymus had it

Don't panic Google does all sorts to the brain which is unnecessary sometimes💗🤗😘

• I get this too. I had to stop using my hot water bottle a while ago because literally every time I used it I was coming out in rashes where it was used.

Ignore Google - apparently everything can cause cancer these days so I wouldn't be worrying about that 🙂

• I agree with dee11. According to google anything and everything can cause cancer and every single of our aches and pain is cancer. I wouldn’t worry about it. I can’t live without my hot water bottle. That said, a skin rash doesn’t sound like fun either so i would check with the doctor anyway. Don’t ignore it is all.

You may also like...