New to this!

Hello,

I have recently found out that I have endometriosis through an ultrasound scan. I am 20 years old and have always suffered with my periods. I've tried the implant and the pill but I have now had the Merina coil fitted 5 days ago.

I was hoping if anyone had any tips for pain relief! I am already on mefanamic acid and cocodamol as well as using hot water bottles but they don't seem to be working. I am really struggling.

7 Replies

oldestnewest
  • Have had a laparoscopy?

• Apparently I am too young for one

• That's strange because I had one at 22 and that's only a couple years apart.

• I thought so too. I may have to pester. I also have a cyst on one of my ovaries.

• Do you know how big the cyst is?

• Hi that simply isn't true. The only real way to diagnose endo is with a lap, where they can take a biopsy to send away for analysis. Unfortunately without it being confirmed you can only really treat symptoms . The endo itself needs to be removed. Push for a lap, if they refuse seek a second opinion.

• If you are in the UK the NICE guideline for management of endo is for women from 16 and requires that you are offered a lap.

You may also like...