Hi ladies, this isn't really an endo related post but my endo and other personal circumstances like the loss of my dad has caused my depression. I no a lot of women can be depressed due to endo, I was wondering if anyone with depression or previous history of depression has ever taken the anti depressant citalopram? And has it caused them any weight gain as I think this is the source of my weight gain and I'm tempted to come off it to see if it helps. I wondered if anyone had any advice or similar stories.

Thank you for any replies in advance I hope everyone is doing well xx

3 Replies

• How long have you been on it?? Be very careful if been on it a long time.the side effects will be awful. I.m on paraxotine. No weight gain but thete the hardest pill in thr world to come off.good luck.x

• Sorry to hear about your dad. I take citalopram 20 mg and have done since 2010, I have tried twice to stop without success. I did not experience weight gain.

Please speak to your GP about coming off, as you need to be weaned off gradually x

• I also took citalopram ... I think every case is different as I think I actually lost a bit of weight when I was on it. I didn't really like taking it to be honest but it depends what is best for you at the moment. My GP always made me weigh up how I felt taking it against what I would feel like if I didn't ... x

You may also like...