Diagnosis from MRI following hysterectomy with removal of both ovaries

Complex endometriosis with severe fibrosis between the uterus and the sigmoid colon which has doubled back on itself twice.

I have been warned of the possibility of a bowel injury and a possible colostomy [sad] I am feeling so afraid , anxious an confused.

Please any testimonials , help and advise are most welcomed. My Hysterectomy will on the 25th February.

:(

Thank you

Carla

3 Replies

oldestnewest
  • Hi Carla I know exactly how you feel. I'm having hysterectomy, ovary removal, excision and possible bowel resection on 3rd March. Thought I was doing ok but now that it's getting closer I'm starting to get really scared. I have an 11cm endometrioma on my left ovary, but both have completely had it , my bowel is stuck to my uterus and the endo is causing a blockage. I also think it's now affecting my bladder. I also have suspected adenomyosis. Part of me can't wait but the other part of me is terrified. Hope it goes ok . Wishing you well and a speedy recovery.

• Hi Jean,

Its seems we are both on the same path, we have exactly the same symptoms. I am also terrified , first thing when I wake up after surgery , is to feel if i have a bag. Mine is going to be on the 25 February ,

Also wishing you all the best and good recovery .

Carla

• Hi Carla please let's me know how it goes . Will be thinking of you. Actually have my pre op 26th Feb.

You may also like...