I've been in a very similar position to you. Diagnosed at 24 and told would need ivf at 27, then not to leave it beyond 30.
Happily I am now pregnant (at 30) and we conceived very quickly - so the doctors aren't always right!
You really need to have a number of conversations with your fiancé about this and I wouldn't make any rash decisions in either direction. It's a matter of weighing up the pros and cons of what is right for you as a couple and what you can mentally/physically cope with.
For us , if we had had children earlier financially it would have been really stressful and we wouldn't have owned our own house or had the nice wedding we had, plus all the stress of parenting. On the plus side though I would have had a hysterectomy by now and, fingers crossed have been able to progress and get on with life earlier.
To summarise the negatives of waiting for us personally
- as time went on endo progressed and I underwent 4 surgeries, 2 of them major inc. partial bowel resection and was booked for a 5th major.
- loss of income/progression due to time off for illness/surgery. Hubby having to work 70hr week for us to stay afloat.
- stress of saving for ivf, paying for private med care when the nhs took too long.
- with waiting our risk of miscarriage increased. We went through 2 early miscarriages, this really made my husband wake up and smell the coffee - his friends by this point have begun to settle down and their wives/gfs are popping them out easily. Meanwhile we are on tenterhooks praying our baby will make it and there are greater risks to me in the pregnancy.
- we had so many arguments and had so much stress dealing with the 'endo saga' the last 6 years.
It might be a good idea to show your fiancé this to show him that from a male perspective endo can be incredibly tough and emotionally painful as well. No matter what you do it will be tough, I think the best thing to do is communicate and try to work out a compromise. Be realistic about your situation and try not to get too stressed or frightened. Put your energy into coming up with a solution and be determined to not let endo beat you.
It will be ok, just talk to him. Xx
P.s. Agree that you need excision surgery preferably at an endo centre.
Also please be mindful of how critical you are of him. If you're saying 'I don't have time to waste' to him it's like saying 'you're a time waster and a waste of space' to him. You need to give him time to process what is going on and let him try and come up with a solution with you - he is entitled to his own dreams, aspirations and life plan as you are. He maybe just hasn't considered that waiting to get preg - and thus letting endo progress unabated in a severe case could be equally as stressful as launching into parenthood earlier than expected. Give him a chance and some space, men don't react well to being backed into a corner. X