Joint pain from allery to penicillin

I had a severe reaction to penicillin approx 7 weeks ago. The reaction was severe joint pain. I am still suffering with joint pain... A different joint every day...Fed up with the pain now. I already use fentynal patches and they are not helping, neithef is ibuprofen, paracetamol or naproxen. At the end of my tether now...Can anyone help me please

3 Replies

oldestnewest
  • A fact not many people don't know is all humans are actually allergic to penecilin, some people more than others, i'm far more allergic and when i had to take it as a kid i got a reaction straight away after 1 day of taking it, next day i had a rash going all up my leg, took it for another day and kept just going up and up. Most people take from a few weeks to a few months to finally start becoming allergic and i can cause problems like headaches, rashes and pains, can make you feel really ill too so you need to discontinue the use of it the second you become allergic but people can only use it once in their life, you can't use it again after you start to react to it.

  • JOINT PAIN . i was taking 1.5 grams of ibuprofen per day. My kidneys started to ache so I did some research . Now take devils claw,vitamin E, fish oil, Q10 and circumin phytosome with meriva . Amazingly good , taken it for about 4 years with no side effects . I suggest you try it as it works very well for me . I take a high dose of all of these but be careful with Viit E as too much can do serious harm . Circumin derived from orange tumeric spice. Circumin can be obtained from Bodykind not HOl.... and Bar... . they rip you off .

    Good Luck

  • Joint pain is the result of penicillin since we are all allergic to it and our bodies can't take handle it long term, as i said i had an instant allergic reaction to it when i took it as a kid, they don't give it until the last resort and i had a chest infection for a year straight when i was 8 years old because i'm also allergic to mold, not so much now but back then i had mold induced ashtma and had to take inhalers, but as i've recently read up inhalers cause respitory infections if taken long term and shouldn't be given if it's some sort of allergy, penecilin was the second t hing tried after trying antibiotics to get rid of the infection and had to discontinue use straight away but in general in hospitals they discontinue use as soon as a paitent starts to have an allergic reaction and it depends on the person the symptoms they have but as i said you can have headaches, rashes or pains, people who are highly allergic can even have a anaphylaxis attack but that's apparantly rare but we all have some sort of reaction to it.

You may also like...