Early CKD Support
3,892 members1,441 posts

GRF Level

I was on the Davita.com site and punched in my creatinine level of 1.0 and it gave me a GFR of 66, but yet by blood work shows 59. How can it be that different, does anyone know? Thanks

10 Replies
oldestnewest

As Davita is an American site, could there numbers differ to ours ?

1 like

Yes, in the US they calculate the figures differently. Here in the UK, the National Kidney Federation site has a link to a GFR calculator, and after completing boxes with creatinine levels, height, weight etc it gives a very accurate eGFR for anyone who is interested.

3 likes

But I am in the US

Yes, I gathered that - my reply was really in answer to bowler's query. I'm sorry I can't help with US calculations but hopefully someone from the US will join in with an answer for you.

1 like

Sorry, but you didn't say you was in the USA I assumed as this is a UK site

you was from the UK, like Celtic said " perhaps someone from the USA will help you.

diferent formulars & different methods of tirations gives different values.dont worry too ..much.

Davta has many other links why not try them & u will get more informations,

every body above age 70 will invariably have lower GFR,

SMOKERS , DRUNKARDS , ETC

1 like

Did your calculation adjust for weight height and age?

1 like

I went on a few different sites, most asked for my age and weight, some did not. Got a reading from anywhere from 58 to 73. Most said 66.

I am from the U.S.A. When I calculated my gfr using Davita's website, I got the same gfr my nephrologist gets from my lab test. I hope this helps with your question, Sandymac8

2 likes

egfr can flucuate a lot so that sounds ok regards chris

1 like