Request : I'm 52 years old and I'm a diabetic... - Diabetes India

Diabetes India
60,869 members11,689 posts



I'm 52 years old and I'm a diabetic, after the meal my level is 347. Friends plz advice me to control it

8 Replies

Please watch this video, discussion is in Tamil but enough information in English.

Use the video clip information to make daily drink to reduce blood glucose!!

Hello- when were you diagnosed ? what is your A1C for last six to 12 months ?

What did you eat ? what was your sugar before meal?

Did you check sugar TWO hours after meal- after your last bite ?

in reply to Fatbuddy


Could you clarify if PPBS calculated two hours after your last bite or first bite?

in reply to barani19

TWO hours after last bite.

It should not be more than 140% of pre meal BS.

Sir my sincere advise meet your family doctor and show your current BS levels. He will take care of your to achieve normal levels. Best wishes

Santhanam52 sir,

1. How long you have been diabetic?

2. Please provide details such as your height, weight, BMI, Fasting Blood Sugar(latest), Post Prandial Blood Sugar(latest), HbA1c((latest).

3. Are you on medication currently? If yes, please let us know.

With these details, members of this forum should be able to advise further.

* Eat less food, more times in a day.

* Consume foods that have low Glycemic Index.

* Walk for 20 minutes after each meal.

Consult your doctor.


Adopt insulin therapy in consultation with your doctor.

Over time, people who have diabetes and high blood sugar can develop serious or life-threatening complications, including heart disease, stroke, kidney problems, nerve damage, and eye problems. Taking medication(s), making lifestyle changes (e.g., diet, exercise, quitting smoking), and regularly checking your blood sugar may help to manage your diabetes and improve your health. This therapy may also decrease your chances of having a heart attack, stroke, or other diabetes-related complications such as kidney failure, nerve damage (numb, cold legs or feet; decreased sexual ability in men and women), eye problems, including changes or loss of vision, or gum disease. Your doctor and other healthcare providers will talk to you about the best way to manage your diabetes.


You may also like...