Use of voglibose tab

When creatinine is on increase, and one is taking Metformin, one is often advised to replace Metformin with Voglibose tab..

What are the disadvantages of Metformin and advantages of voglibose in this situation...I am on Metformin for last 5 years.My current creatinine is 1.31,and it was 1.25 two years back.

Skip

Featured Content

Living with diabetes?

Connect with people like you to get support, advice and tips towards improving your health.

Get started!

Featured by HealthUnlocked

14 Replies

oldestnewest
  • Hi,

Voglibose is a specific treatment for excess carbs in diet.

Metformin is administered as a buffer against lower glucose levels,-a stabiliser.

So we are comparing apples and oranges, here.

• Metformin is used alone or with other medications, including insulin, to treat type 2 diabetes (condition in which the body does not use insulin normally and, therefore, cannot control the amount of sugar in the blood). Metformin is in a class of drugs called biguanides. Metformin helps to control the amount of glucose (sugar) in your blood. It decreases the amount of glucose you absorb from your food and the amount of glucose made by your liver. Metformin also increases your body's response to insulin, a natural substance that controls the amount of glucose in the blood.

Voglibose was first launched in 1994, to improve postprandial hyperglycemia in diabetes mellitus.

Consult your doctor.

Sources:--

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Metfo...

medlineplus.gov/druginfo/me...

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vogli...

• Good information.. thanks

• instead of voglibose Jamun seeds powder can be used as substitute???

Have u ever tried??

• Not tried Jamun seed powder ever... but will try...

• May I ask your current Hba1c DRH-sangli ?

• My current A1c is 5.7

• great....have u ever checked you PPBS after dinner??

• Yes....fbs-100,plus-142

• PLBS-142

• exactly.... here is the problem...

every one is just talking about FBS.... and this reading after dinner is harming us....

if after 2 hrs it is 142... then be sure that during those 2 hrs u must have spiked above 180...

and that is harming your kidney...

it is the same case with me....

think how can u tackle this issue...

by changing medicines u will just prove diabetes is progressive decease ....

• What is remedy...

• Don't know... I am also looking for same...

But I think evening walks will help...

• Anup ji.. can you through any light on my question..?..

You may also like...