Jason Fung (again)

Anyone who has come across the excellent Dr. Jason Fung will share my unbound admiration for the man and his work. For those of you who haven't come across the name here is an excellent, concise summary of his passion to return diabetics to optimal health. Check out his youtube lecture series and subscribe to his blog. You won't regret it:

10 Replies

• Dr. Fung's series six part series "The Aetiology of Obesity" is a must watch.

• The proponents of "balanced diet" and hypocaloric diet for weight loss and diabetes management should definitely refer to these videos. 

Dr. Fung has has lucidly and comprehensively explained the role that insulin plays in weight loss, weight gain, insulin sensitivity and metabolism rate etc.

Also, compare and contrast the rigor of the likes of Dr. Fung, Dr. Attia et al. against the juvenile arguments offered by Dr. McDougall, Dr. Bernard etc. in favor of starch/carb based diets. 

• Yes on INSULIN being the culprit. Once that's realised, rest becomes easy to understand :)

Juvenile arguments -- Well said.

Dr Peter Attia is great at number crunching and talks with data -- a calculus teacher and engineer that he is before being a doctor.

Hypocaloric Diet == FAILED theory. It's like flogging a dead horse.

• Dr. Attia's work is based on the systematic experiments that he has carried out in his labs. OTOH, Dr. McDougall's is based on the erroneous conclusions drawn from macro studies like the China Study. 

I feel engineers are better suited to challenge the status quo in the field of medicine too. :)

• Probably because one is looking for answers and the other is looking for scapegoats -- that's the difference :)

Look at Ivor Cummins' (chemical engineer) analysis of same data which must have been analysed by others too:

And compare it with analysis of someone looking for a scapegoat. LDL? :)

• Never ascribe to malice that which is adequately explained by incompetence.

- Napoleon Bonaparte

I am usually reluctant to question someone's motives. :)

• Another interesting podcast involving Dr. Fung -

• Aah body.io

Here's one of my favorite from that site:

35 years of High Carb Low Fat nonsense we know has increased diabetes by four times. So much so for the "long term" impact of a "balanced diet". Balanced and healthy for whom? Only God knows.

"Medical science has made such tremendous progress that there is hardly a healthy human left."

Aldous Huxley.

• What exactly does "balance" in "balanced diet" mean? Balance between what? 

• I guess even God won't be able to answer that.

There's absolutely no scientific evidence that HIGH CARB LOW FAT nonsensical diet is healthy (or balanced) as 35 years of this nonsense has proved that it is not:

You may also like...