Dears I pressure cooked 5 tea spoons of whole long wheat along with vegetables (tomato,turai,onion,some spices) PP blood sugar reading after 75 minutes 157 mg . Please suggest.? I confirmed it's a long wheat
I tried Long wheat for the first time - Diabetes India
Long wheat/short wheat what's the difference?
None as far as I'm concerned as they are a high carbohydrate food source that will spike blood sugar and insulin.
It strikes me that people seem to see long grain wheat as some sort of miracle cure; it isn't. So when you try it and it does not stabilise your blood sugar, you are still diabetic and that's the reason why.
@mzb007... I tried with 5 tea spoons whole long wheat approximately 25 grams. I think carbs may be 17 grams. After 75 minutes blood sugar levels 157 mg.
Same day I tried one cup plus regular cooked rice with vegetables curry. 60 minutes later blood sugar levels 131 mg....?
Actually I am not in India. I some how arranged to get long wheat . I was expecting good results...😌😌😌
I am taking LWM only during breakfast where my BS spike is comparatively lower otherwise. Also after having it, I don't feel hungry to have something in between b/f and lunch. But sometimes I am getting unpredictable readings that are very high. I may watch it for sometime. If it continues, I may move out of it completely.
You should try LCHF.
To the best of my knowledge I am the first one to write about Long Wheat here.
1. I was taking Long Wheat Mash (LWM) till my hunger is over, ie STOMACH-FULL.
2. After announcing that I am cured of Diabetes, those who wanted to follow my diet were not satisfied about specification of stomach-full intake of LWM & requested for quantification.
3. I got the quantity of dry grain of LW that my wife used to cook for me and weighed it. It was 60 gm.
4. Next morning only it occurred to me that the number 60 was my body-weight in kg. This is how I arrived at the specification of 1 gm of dry grain LW for every kg of body weight.
5. Some patients were not finding this quantity sufficient to satisfy their hunger. Then I applied the original spec of stomach full & suggested to "take more if required".
6. It was in the 2001 Scientific study paper that I found that irrespective of body weight, taking 200 to 300 gm LW flour as unleavened bread was producing faster reduction of BS. Following this only the intake specification was modified.
7. With my limited experience it is felt that there is is nothing strange in any patient NOT getting an expected good result by taking 25gm of LW, unless the body weight of that patient is less than oe equal to 25 kg. To be frank I do not think that any member of this forum will weigh less than 25 kg.
8. When a chef ask to add 2 teaspoons of salt to a curry if the cook add only 1 teaspoon of salt, we all know what will be the good result; it will never be the expected one! When a physician prescribe 500 mg Metfirmin & the patient in his/her wisdom decide to take only 250mg, will any one expect to get a good result?
Thanks Dear George for the message..
I weight 74 kilograms, 40 years age, 5.9 height.
I tried with 25 grams of dry long wheat added to mixed vegetables and pressure cooked.
I hour after food I checked my BS was 159 mg.
Long wheat gives results immediately or after few days of taking...?
Kindly suggest, I still have long wheat imported from India.
YES , EVEN i don't find any difference between both , since both contain same contents .
TRITICUM DICOCCUM is the scientific name of a grain that I swapped with rice to handle my DM2. It ultimately cured DM2. It is known as EMMER WHEAT in some places. In India it is known by different names in different languages. Its name in Indian English is Long Wheat as it is longer than common wheat alias Bread Wheat. Either a diabetic should use it or believe the words of those who have used it, to know its impact on BS.
After starting LWMD my first blood sugar test was done on completion of one month.
In the 2001 Scientific study the first blood sugar test was done at 2 weeks; it showed increase. Test at 4 weeks showed stabilisation. Test at 6 weeks only showed reduction.
I do not expect reduction in blood sugar immediately on starting LWMDR even if one take the specified quantity. So one can imagine what would happen if one take less.
Quantity to be used to cook food is 1 - 2.5 gm (of whole grain or flour of LW) per kg of body weight, per meal.
All concerned diabetic friends,
We are suffering from the dreaded diabetes since years or decades and are ready to swallow allopathic medicine for years together without a whimper but want results by consuming long wheat regimen immediately! Let us have some patience and follow the guide lines given by George Sir. I am sure that we will get good results after
3 years as explained by The Shooter George.
This is very true. I have never told the other way either. Neither have I told that it is the difference in Carb content of LW that makes it superior or enables it to cure diabetes.
Some learned persons might have speculated the other way. I am not responsible for their thinking.
IT IS SOME COMPONENT OR CONTENT OF LONG WHEAT OTHER THAN STARCH THAT EMPOWERS THE DIABETIC BODY TO FIGHT DIABETES AND ULTIMATELY WIN THE BATTLE. This is not my invention. I only located the knowledge, used it, demonstrated & sharing it now for the benefit of my fellow human beings.
If I were knowing the answer to your questions I would have been the richest man on earth. My sratement is based on two things.
1. WHO approved lab tests show that I am not diabetic now. In 2006 same tests have shown that I was diabetic then. It is Long Wheat Mash Diet Regimen that was instrumenatal for this. Hence I know that LWMDR can cure DM2 and hence it is onky logical to presume the statement I made. It is based on cause-effect relation.
l do not think that what ever is unknown to me are non-existant or false.
2. According to my late uncle there is sloka in a Sanskrit Aayurveda book which sats that eating Long Wheat is good for patients with symotom of sugar passing through urine. There no other grain is mentioned.