Sugar levels at age 71

my Mom is 71 living in India. She has had high levels since 20 years, everytime the Dr says its normal at the age. She takes insulin in form of injections(25 morning, 20 evening). Though she has symptoms not very severe, I am alarmed by the sugar levels (220 on fasting) 324-post.

She is consulting Diabetic doctors locally. Should I look for any super specialists or endocrinologists?


Featured Content

Living with diabetes?

Connect with people like you to get support, advice and tips towards improving your health.

Get started!

Featured by HealthUnlocked

3 Replies

  • A 70+ year old gentleman, with multiple bypass surgeries has reduced insulin from 100 to 50 and yet lands A1C around 5.9

    How? LCHF Diet.

  • Please consult a good diabetologist or endocrinologist .

  • Absolutely. You must get her to consult an endocrinologist. These are not acceptable levels

You may also like...