Sacroiliac Joint Pain

Can some one suggest the cure for sacroiliac joint pain which of my friend (70 years) is having for last 4/5 months. So far nothing seems to be reducing the problem even after taking pain killers,doing exercises as advised by physiotherapist and all kind of heating to the joint etc. Doctors have practically told me to live with this as it is age related.

8 Replies

• Try sacroiliac belt and see if that helps.

• if it is the osteo arthritis variety rest and

light exercise can help.

sacrum is a bone at the bottom of the spine and ilium are two bones connected to sacrum .

the legs join the ilium.

sacroiliac pain-may help reading

some people say homeo is good in osteo.

if there is inflamation try nsaids,

there is no easy escape.

one solution is to lie down on bed and take light exercise.

but first find out what it is.

good luck

• dear kumar,

i failed to give you the crucial issue ,

for which i described the anatomy above.

it is that, this joint cannot get a movement easily,.

lie on your back ,

fold one leg so that you can reach your knee with the hand .then pull the knee towards the chest .[for one leg only .rest of the body nailed to the bed]

now this will move the joint a bit.

do the same for the other leg as well.

make it a habit.

first get in touch with some physical therapist and medicine together somehow get a cure temporarily.

then try the special exercise above for long term effect

.orthopedic medicines too to be followed .you can also search for sacroiliac exercise in net.

good luck

• Dear kumar Ramesh

Apply Almond Oil (Badam Rogan) on the joints and have Aloe Vera juice regularly 30 to 40 Ml

It give you big relief as you do it regularly for few months

• Follow the instructions in Dr. Mary Pulig Schatz's book "Backcare Basics". It talks extensively about sacro-iliac pain and the yoga poses to do (v.simple ones). It's usually due to weak iliac muscles.

• Homoeocal a Tab available in Homoeo shops over a period will help.

• Homoeocal a tablet available in Homoeo shops taken over a period of 3to 4 months will help.

• Did you try Glucosamine ? Read advantages of Glucosamine on Google and see if it helps you

You may also like...