Health Benefits of Bitter Gourd And Bitter Juice
Bitter gourd is a popular vegetable in some Asian countries, where the health benefits of the plant are well-known—particularly, its ability to lower blood glucose in diabetics.
1. Bitter gourd lowers blood glucose as it contains a chemical called Charantin which reduces high blood glucose levels so it is very good for Diabetic persons. Bitter gourd influences glucose metabolism all over the body not like the other medicinal drugs which are effective only in one target organ or tissue. You can take Bitter Gourd juice every morning on an empty stomach to lower down the blood sugar.
2. It purifies blood because of its blood-purifying properties and also cures many blood disorders like blood boils and itching due to blood poisoning.
3. It is high in fiber thus preventing constipation and also cures many stomach disorders by helping in stimulating the secretion of gastric juices. This can be very helpful for people with dyspepsia. Do not take in case of heartburn and ulcers.
4. Those who want to lose weight can add Bitter Gourd in their diet as it stimulates liver for excretion of bile juices that are very essential for metabolism of fats.
5. Suffering from piles then takes fresh juice of bitter gourd. You can also have mixture of bitter melon juice and buttermilk every morning for about a month to get rid from this painful disease. Make a paste of the roots of bitter gourd plant and applied over piles to get a favorable result.
6. Bitter Gourd juice is beneficial in the treatment of a bad hangover.
7. Fresh juice of bitter gourd leaves can be used to treat cholera in early stages.
8. Bitter Gourd juice in the morning can help to strengthen your immune system and increase your body’s fighting power against infection
9. Bitter Gourd has high amount of beta-carotene that helps alleviate eye problems and improving eyesight.
Health Benefits of bitter gourd juice or bitter melon juice
Kerala not only makes a delicious curry but also used for various medical purpose. In Africa and Asia people use Karela to treat stomach problems. They eat raw fruit or soak it in either olive oil or honey.
Health Benefits of Karela Juice on Digestive System
Karela contains anthelmintic or antihelminthic compounds. The properties that found in Karela are used to cure gastrointestinal diseases and the Karela juice kills parasitic-worms that grow inside our body. It cures stomach problems because the properties in Karela kill toxic substances in the stomach, which kills good bacteria, hence by eradicating toxic substances it protects good bacteria in our body.
Health Benefits of Karela Juice in Infections
Leaves of Karela are also cures some ailments. It prevents bacteria that cause malaria from growing. It also weakens some kind of viruses like measles, chickenpox, herpes and also deadly diseases like HIV. It slows down the growth of the bacteria and kills it when it gets weak. Children may not like it much as it contains the bitter taste, but it helps them fight dangerous diseases.
Health Benefits of Karela Juice in Diabetes
Karela also considered as the best remedy for Diabetes. Small cup of Karela Juice increases insulin level in the body. The compound called charantin keeps the glucose low and controls sugar levels. It is a true friend for all diabetic patients, make a habit of using Karela in your daily diet and eat the fruit or drink its juice regularly.
Other Health Benefits of Kerala
Kerala also contains anti-cancer properties. You can find two compounds in Kerala, a-electrostatic acid which is found in seed and 15, 16-dihydroxy-a-eleostearic acid that is found in fruits of Kerala. It prevents cancerous cells and it is a good medicine for leukemia problem and also cures blood irregularities like anemia. It produces healthy red-blood cells and even-out the amount of white-blood cells in the body. It also controls blood pressure.