This last week will be known as the week of WIN!

I posted last week to share my excitement in hitting 10k distance wise. That put me on cloud 9 for pretty much most of the week but the good times didn't stop there!

Tuesday was my intervals day and I wanted to see if I could beat my previous 'fastest pace whilst sprinting'... which my Garmin had logged at 3:50 min/km. Tuesdays fasts past whilst sprinting was logged at 3:21 min/km. I was like a bat out of hell! Good times :)

Friday's run was next, a fast 5k. With the last months worth of intervals and still riding high from the 10k run the previous weekend, I was up for a good run. I was determined, and it felt fast. Clocked my 5k at 29:33. Woop! I broke the 30minute barrier and also smashed my last personal best which was 32:16. Knocked nearly 3 minutes off that.

I was happy! But Saturday morning, my legs were starting to get tetchy for the long run. I broke the cardinal rule of running on consecutive days and I went out for a long run. Hit 10k again (woop woop!) and better yet, I knocked nearly 2 minutes off last weeks time hitting 1hr 6minutes!

Second personal best of the week!

Sunday, the day of rest...

This morning, I was tempted to have a lay in but decided against it and go out for a 'gentle 5k' after the epic weekend I'd had... but before I knew it, I was running fast. Kept it up for the 5k and managed to knock a further 23 seconds off my 5k PB so I'm now at 29:10 - ever creeping closer to the sub-25 I'm after.

So three personal bests in four days. So so so happy with that!

Skip

Featured Content

Join the NHS Couch to 5K community

Couch to 5K has been designed to get you off the couch and running 5km in just 9 weeks

Start today!

Featured by HealthUnlocked

4 Replies

oldestnewest
  • Wow - that's fantastic! What a week... You're on such a roll!

• Wow, great work there, Mrqwest - you must have been really zooming along in the fast intervals. Your hard work in intervals training is paying off!

• Amazing MrQ....what a fantastic set of achievements in such a short space of time! :)

The week of win indeed!

Sue

• :-) :-) :-) You should be on cloud 9!!!! :-) Gayle

You may also like...