5k+ Stamina

I posted earlier about feeling really nervous about going out again having not run since Xmas Eve. I wasn't sure exactly what I should attempt , so I went for 5k+ Stamina :-) That little miss doubtful who seems to sit on my shoulder when i am running was telling me 5 mins into the run that THIS was going to be too hard for me :-( I ignored her and just kept running to the beat, but when Laura said we were going to up the beat, I nearly screamed !! Anyway I kept on going and guess what ?? I ran 165 b.p.m for the last 5 mins as requested by Laura . Now I remember the great feeling when i get back from a run.......... happy New Year everyone :-)

Skip

Featured Content

Join the NHS Couch to 5K community

Couch to 5K has been designed to get you off the couch and running 5km in just 9 weeks

Start today!

Featured by HealthUnlocked

1 Reply

oldestnewest
  • Well done, kazzers! I read your earlier blog and am so glad you nailed your first run of the New Year and did it so convincingly too! I too get that doubting feeling when I'm overdue a run and always think I can't do it. I wonder if we'll ever truly lose it? Are you going for 10k now or working on your speed? :)

You may also like...