Merry Christmas

Well up at 9.45, prepared and put turkey in oven for 10 am and then I went out as promised for a Christmas Day 5k, lovely morning, drizzle in the air, but a lovely run a long the beach (but a bit harder than normal).

Well I have definately eaten the 600cal that Garmin says I burnt earlier.

connect.garmin.com/activity...

Enjoy your holiday runs :-)

6 Replies

oldestnewest
  • Hi Phil well done. Ed

• Cheers

• Well done Phil. It must be nice to be able to run by the sea, if rather windy at times (I used to live on Morecambe sea front so I know what I talk about there)! Are you actually running on the sand or on the prom, dodging the deck chairs? I've been promised a trip down to our local sea front today - it's sunny enough right now but heavy rain has been promised to start soon and not stop so we may change our plans.

You did well getting out for a while having got the turkey going. Sounds great (=bliss) to be able to get away from the hubbub for half an hour. Maybe I'll manage that next year - still coughing too much to run at the moment. I really want it to clear up *properly* before I venture out again. In the meantime talking to my new friends here is keeping me motivated to make sure I *do* start again soon.

Wish my Garmin said I burnt 605C for a 5 K run. I just checked my last one and it was 385 cals. Doesn't seem fair somehow - after all I was running for longer even if you did go faster :-)

Have a great Boxing Day

Ann

• I ran half way on the beach (the compacted sand, not the fluffy stuff) and back along the prom. I'm think my garmin calories are a tad optimistic, but I am both tall and heavy so you never know.

Enjoy your trip out and hope your better soon.

• Merry Christmas Phil! And well done, delia xox

• Merry Christmas to you as well, enjoy the New Year :-)

You may also like...