Could I run any slower?

The answer to that is YES! Today I did my local park run (its only it's 4th event) and boy was it hard. Reassuringly nearly everyone I spoke to found it a lot harder than last time and times were a few mins slower. Today I did the run in 38 mins which is 2 mins slower than last time and 4 mins slower than my best ever 5k. I do feel like I am going backwards but know that as this course is harder I have to work on my PB for that course not just 5k. On a positive note I will have my highest ever finishing position (does it matter that I was 3rd from last????) and think I have found the right park run family for me!!!! (I am be lucky as there are a number of park runs reasonably close to me)

Enjoy the fab sunny day folks!!!!:)

4 Replies

oldestnewest
  • sounds like fun Ali. so you were 3rd from last??? that seems reasonable to me :)

how was the course harder? were there more hills than the others that you have tried?

shelley x

• More hills and I find as its 3 laps that the motivation is harder. Today was not helped by. The mud and very large deep puddles!

• Well done Ali! Three laps is hard enough without mud and puddles!

No, it doesn't matter what position you come, be proud, you are getting out and doing it!

• Well done Ali. Mud and puddles sounds like fun!

You may also like...