Wk6 Run2 and now a Sore Foot!

I was really tired before setting out on my pre-breakfast run this morning. I found it hard going from start to finish. I do have a bit of a cold and yesterday I was on the go all day but I thought an early night would have helped. Obviously not. I did manage to complete the run however but feel somewhat daunted about run 3 now.

I also noticed that today I have achey gluteal muscles, the first time I've ached there but I'm not sure if this is a result of the leg stretches we did at Hot Hula on Friday night. I also stood on a discarded plastic bottle by mistake and went over on my ankle. There was that initial sharp pain you get when going over on an ankle but I was able to keep going and it went off very quickly. It didn't bother me for the rest of the run either and I did it almost at the start of the first 10 min session. Since then I've been out and about shopping, walking the dogs etc and now that I have sat down for lunch noticed the upper foot of the ankle I went over on is hurting. No bruise or swelling to be seen. I shall rest it today and take some ibuprofen and paracetamol. Tomorrow will be a running rest day but I'll still need to walk the dogs. I may also rest the following day just to make sure as I really don't want this to set me back in the programme.

On the positive side i am pleased I managed to complete the session. When walking the dogs late morning I also found somewhere else to run.

Skip

Featured Content

Join the NHS Couch to 5K community

Couch to 5K has been designed to get you off the couch and running 5km in just 9 weeks

Start today!

Featured by HealthUnlocked

oldest โ€ข newest

You may also like...