C25k Day 2, 12th August 2012

Still ached quite a bit from the first run and some other activities over the weekend, but it was another beautiful morning for a run. As it was Sunday and I was up a bit later I didn't fancy running back and forth along the beach front as I did before as there were just too many people out, unfortunately it is one of the flattest roads around. I took a detour after the first run but this took me up a hill that I don't remember being that steep! I came out at the top out of puff into a group of serious runners complete with numbers on shirts... Time for another detour.. the route I took from there was interesting and I ended up coming back down through the allotments and into the park where I finished off the last few runs. It was good in the park, quiet and the grass was nicely cushioning after the pavement, I will definitely go there again. Felt good after and looking forward to the next run, I really like the way that I am seeing parts of my town that I didn't even know were there and seeing different sides of places I pass every day.

2 Replies

oldestnewest
  • Hi there dog3gg. I did my Day 2 run yesterday in lovely sunshine too and with the same issues with people seeing me! I am now coming to the conclusion, however, that nobody notices runners (or sweaty, red faced blobs!) and if they do so what? We're doing something positive for our health and well-being and, you never know, maybe we'll inspire others to get their trainers on! Good luck with your running.

• Hey oona thanks for the encouragement! Completely agree, and there are so many of us trying, of all shapes and sizes. As we are at the same stage I will keep an eye out for your blogs!

You may also like...