The road to fitness!

Hello! I am a first year maths and astrophysics student at Kings and I want to actually get fit :) I've started the challenge today and it was okay. I want to aim to get to 10K by October. In addition, I've also lost 1 pound this week but I really want to loose more. I started the Week 1 today and it went okay. But want to complete this 9 week challenge :)

9 Replies

oldestnewest
  • Welcome and well done for starting the plan! Ive no doubt your complete the 9 weeks, just keep going. There be good and bad runs but keep going, stick to what Laura says and pace yourself, your be fine:)

• Thank you! Today I wasn't going to go out as it was about to pour with rain, but said that I will have an excuse for everything and therefore would never do it. Thanks again! :D

• Te he - I managed to get through the whole 9 weeks without running in the rain - but finally did so yesterday and loved it!! To be honest, we need to get used to it.....

Anyway welcome and good luck on C25K!!! (sorry I am having awful visions of Big Bang Theory reading your post.... :-) apologies if everyone says that)

• Thanks! Oh that's okay :p

• i let rain stop me for about 3 days, then after a trip to sports direct i picked up some very cheap waterproofs, so no excuse anymore!

• I've gone from hating the rain to loving it. I tune out the world and concentrate on my playlist so before I know it my run is done.

• What a great start! You will probably find that it is the lovely hot sunny days that present the biggest challenge - once you are out there, but going out in the rain on your first time shows you are made of the right stuff for C25K.

• Hi and welcome to c25k :) You'll soon become an addict and go out in all weathers, My fave running weather is the rain, keeps me cool and not too many people about to point and laugh!!;)

• i ran for the first time not in the rain today and found it twice as difficult. i've never wanted the sun to go behind a cloud before now!!

You may also like...