Just started running at the grand old age of 58

Hi, I am going to take part in the Race for Life in June for the 3rd time. The previous 2 times I have walked but I have decided that I shall attempt to run all the way around with my very fit daughter. I know that this will be a huge challenge for me as I have very poor feet (lots of surgery) however I swapped the Race for Life training for lovely Laura as this has suited my style and personality. I have read with great interest the wonderful inspirational stories on this site and I have to say you have all given me good reasons to continue running. I am about to embark on W5R2 tomorrow and I have to say I am dreading this , 20 mins seems like 20 hours to me and the forecast is rain! Wish me luck :)

5 Replies

oldestnewest
  • Best of luck with it! I was scared about it too, but I did it - the feeling you get after running for that length of time, non-stop, is amazing - just think how proud of yourself you'll be!

• Nobody thinks they will do the 20 minute one - but nearly everone does, and gets a huge kick out of it. Believe me, it will be just tremendous! Good luck, and let us know how it goes.

• I'm not the only one that walked last year then..... I aim to run it this year too, about to start week 5 so hoping it all goes to plan. Good luck to both of us.

• Thank you for your support

• Good luck, I'm sure you will be fine. I can remember saying to people I'm never going to be able to run for 20 minutes non stop, it sounded impossible.

You may also like...