Lost my mojo 🤔: Completed the programme and did... - Couch to 5K

Couch to 5K
85,897 members117,596 posts

Lost my mojo 🤔

Completed the programme and did my first parkrun on the 22nd.

Since then I have only managed to run once. I am missing it but Christmas and time with family have got in the way.

Has anyone else felt the same way?

I think running with a group once a week gave me some focus and now I think I have lost it. I have downloaded an app to follow to get to 10k which I plan to start in the new year. Tell me it is normal.

If anyone finds my mojo please send it back!!!

12 Replies
oldestnewest

I graduated just before christmas and was a bit unsure what to do next. As my aim is just to be active 3 times a week, I’ve decided to go back to week 1 and re-do the programme, but to run quicker this time. Hope you find a challenge that keeps you motivated.

2 likes

Might need to sign up to a 5k or maybe the Parkrun in the morning if the toddler sleeps tonight x

1 like

I’ve done one 5k Runthrough and plan to do/volunteer at more. I have also signed up to run a 5k in March - where every runner is dressed as Where’s Wally! 🤣

Brilliant x

Even the pro athletes take weeks off here and there... and Christmas/new year week is almost certainly one many of them take. No problem there, your mind and body will appreciate the break... we take a holiday from almost everything else we do, so why not running too? Yes, it’s normal!

I don’t think you’ve actually lost that mojo... it’s under the tree waiting for the festivities to be over.

Happy new year.

3 likes

I hope so! Thanksx

1 like

Christmas does break up routines, but you’ll soon be back with it. Give yourself permission to enjoy the break, then come back refreshed and stronger x

4 likes

Fingers crossed! Downloaded the 5k-10K app so who knows. Might signup for a 10K in Blackpool over the summer x

1 like

Good plan ! It’s always good to have a goal. All the best for 2019 to you and your running shoes x

1 like

I need structure and a goal. So will see how I get on between now and the end of January and then maybe sign up! X

That's what happened to me, I

lost motivation once I'd finished the couch to 5k. It's been a few months for me so I'm going to have to start over.

I didn't know there was a 10k one, that should help keep you going.

All the best

1 like

Thanks. Just did a short 20 minute run and managed my fastest km so far! Ran 2.7km and my first km was either 6m40 or 6m45 depending on which app I look at. I might look and feel a mess but I did it xxx

You may also like...