This week’s little effort 😄: To the tune of... - Couch to 5K

Couch to 5K

109,830 members141,953 posts

This week’s little effort 😄

ButtercupKid
ButtercupKidGraduate

To the tune of “Yellow Submarine” Everyone ready ? All together now !

There’s a couch -

It makes me laugh -

Where I used to slob

The whole day through.

Now you’ll find

Me on the path

In a shiny pair

Of running shoes

Coz

I’m determined to do C25k

I’ll do C25k

I’ll do C25k

Even though

It takes my breath away 😄

I’ll do C25k,

I’ll do C25k.

Happy running, everyone !

26 Replies
oldestnewest
UnfitNoMore
UnfitNoMoreAdministrator

Bonkers as always!

ButtercupKid
ButtercupKidGraduate in reply to UnfitNoMore

Takes one to know one, as we used to say at school ! 😄

UnfitNoMore
UnfitNoMoreAdministrator in reply to ButtercupKid

😂

AlMorr
AlMorrGraduate

As our resident in house C25K poet and proser, that was very good "ButtercupKid ", could not help 🎶 singing along to the tune of Yellow Submarine. Abbey Road is where the studios are where most of the songs by The Beatles were recorded, someone should try and 🏃 run a 5K along that road.

ButtercupKid
ButtercupKidGraduate in reply to AlMorr

Great idea ! Maybe we could arrange a group outing 😄

Tartancat
TartancatGraduate

I am in stitches, that is so good! 🤣🤣🤣

Hidden
Hidden

Best one yet Buttercup, mad as ever! 🤪🤡

ButtercupKid
ButtercupKidGraduate in reply to Hidden

I do my modest best 😊

ButtercupKid
ButtercupKidGraduate

A second verse has just crept up on me. I blame the endorphins 😄 Here it goes:

And my friends

Are out here too,

Some ahead of me

And some behind;

I’ll embrace

My inner snail

And keep this goal steady

In my mind:

I’m determined. . . etc

Enjoy !

AlMorr
AlMorrGraduate in reply to ButtercupKid

As I say you are now C25K poet in residence, you must of course write and prose poems associated with running. By the way, how's your running progressing? 😀

ButtercupKid

Hit a plateau and became very frustrated, but thanks to lots of good advice and encouragement from the forum, I’m making progress again. How are things going for you ?

AlMorr

OK, I have ran two 5K runs since graduation, I was hoping to run them in just under 35 minutes which I managed, tomorrow I will run my third 5k and see what time I can do it in, although I doubt if I'll be able to do it sub 30,😊

ButtercupKid

You’re doing so well ! Overwhelmed with admiration. Hope it goes even better tomorrow x

AlMorr

Thanks ButtercupKid, there were a few people here today saying that they were starting C25K this week, so that is exactly 10 weeks to Xmas today, they would graduate just before the big day. I was sort of thinking as you are the poet in residence here on C25K of running prose you could write a few Xmas running words to a few well known Christmas songs in time for December, for example Santa Clause is running to town, Rudolf the Red nose RUNdeer or O come All ye Faithfull runners. (of C25K of course,) just add a few more words associated with Xmas and running.

ButtercupKid

Don’t tempt me ! Something along those lines may well arise. It depends what comes into my head when I’m out there 😀 Loved the Rudolph pun: you should work on some of those yourself !

AlMorr

I could as titles, but the more hard bit would be the changed verses of the songs which you have already proved you can do. A few more examples Chris Rea "RUNNING 🏃home for Christmas🎼 A wombling running Xmas🌲 and finally

Hark the Herald runners Sing, 🎶

ButtercupKid

You’re on the ball tonight, my friend 😄

AlMorr

Update:-17th October, Morning ButtercupKid, you asked me yesterday that "I hope it goes even better tomorrow", well in a way it did go better this morning, not nearly so tired after my third 5K, perhaps the reason was I was not out to beat last Wednesday's record time of 33.40, today I was not 'shattered' at the end of my run, this morning I ran at a more leisurely pace at a time of 36.59. according to MapMyrun. I sincerely hope that in the future you can run a sub 40 minute 5K.

ButtercupKid

Thanks for that, AlMorr. At the moment I have a realistic goal, which is to be able to jog all the runs in week 1, and a fantasy goal, which is to tackle the local hill climb race next summer. Literally onwards and upwards ! Great to hear that your running is going well. Long may it continue !

AlMorr

Thanks, ButtercupKid , you have plenty of time to prepare yourself for the local hill climb next summer, it doesn't need to be "a fantasy goal" it should be a goal in the sense of "I WILL DO IT"

ButtercupKid

You’re right, of course, but at the moment the short term focus is more encouraging 😀

Excellent! Love it!

Myrar
MyrarGraduate

Absolutely love this ....🎶🎶

ButtercupKid
ButtercupKidGraduate in reply to Myrar

Anything that puts a smile out there can’t be too bad !

And Happy Running to you too! 😊🏃‍♀️

Thank you !

You may also like...