88,217 members 120,282 posts

W7R1

Oldlady57
Oldlady57Graduate
27 Replies

Early morning run completed. Changed a couple of things

1. No music just Oldflosses mantra in my ear不

2. Stopped trying to complete 5k so went at a slower pace

End result? Completed my run & able to do an old ladies sprint finish!!!

Have fun running today folks

27 Replies
oldest newest
cheekychipmunks

Well done OL - and so early! Youre not far off the podium, and were following your amazing progress! 儭

Im biding my time until I leave for Parkrun. The rain hasnt started yet, but its on its way, so I might need to go headphones free too. Not sure how to avoid phone getting wet! 佞儭

2 likes
Oldlady57
Oldlady57Graduate
in reply to cheekychipmunks

Tried a zip lock bag? Ive missed the rain this morning thankfully but l dont actually mind getting wet lol. Hopefully youll miss the rain drops. Wet & cold not a good mix. Enjoy your parkrun, Ill have to try it soon. Thank you for your support, much appreciated

1 like
cheekychipmunks
cheekychipmunksGraduate
in reply to Oldlady57

Looking at the forecast its supposed to get heavy at 9am, just when parkrun starts! Never mind, itll be character building Im sure!

Yes, a ziplock sounds a good idea, although not sure I have any at the moment. I might wrap my phone in cling film and wear it in my arm holder as usual. All these first world problems!

As for supporting you, youre more than welcome. I had tons of help when I was doing the programme, and I like paying it forward! 儭

1 like
Deals1
Deals1Graduate

I'm parkrunning too. Coffee and 1/2 banana. Hope the rain stays off for u. Ok so far where I am. I don't do headphones at parkrun, too worried I might miss something! Good luck with it!

2 likes
cheekychipmunks
cheekychipmunksGraduate
in reply to Deals1

Ive just parked and Im slightly early so Im waiting in the dry for a few minutes. Rain is fairly light currently, but its getting very dark! 喫

I like my MMR updates, hence the headphones. I just put one ear in!

Have fun Deals, and hope you stay dry too!

2 likes
Oldlady57
Oldlady57Graduate
in reply to Deals1

Happy Parkrun Deals1 & all folks that are competing in it this fine, albeit chilly, Saturday morning. Hope it stays dry for you all

1 like
Rooster678

Well done for getting it done early. Yay! I use a light bumbag (bit sure if they still call it that, I'm old skool!), it can only fit in my phone and a key but it just keeps everything safe and dry. I got a cheap one off of eBay, was about 瞿3.99.

Well done on your progress.

1 like
Oldlady57
Oldlady57Graduate
in reply to Rooster678

Im definitely old school lol

Riseandshine
RiseandshineGraduate

Well done!! Xx

1 like
Oldlady57
Oldlady57Graduate
in reply to Riseandshine

Deals1
Deals1Graduate

Well done! And yep early.. esp for a Saturday.

1 like
Oldlady57
Oldlady57Graduate
in reply to Deals1

Im an early riser & to be honest like to get my run done whilst it still dark. Have a fab weekend

Rooster678

I do too, but only so I don't run into any school mums! Nobody needs to see that in the morning

1 like
Oldlady57
Oldlady57Graduate
in reply to Rooster678

like a stealth ninja

uncle_wiggy
uncle_wiggyGraduate

Not sure I would dare go music free.... I wouldn't want to listen to the rubbish I talk! Enjoy the rest of your weekend lady61

4 likes
Oldlady57
Oldlady57Graduate
in reply to uncle_wiggy

Funny uncle_wiggy 不不All l could hear was the wild life briefly interrupted by Oldflosses mantra slow & steady. Have a fab weekend

cheekychipmunks
cheekychipmunksGraduate
in reply to uncle_wiggy

I talk to myself too uncle! So with that and my loud breathing, I prefer music!

2 likes
Oldlady57
Oldlady57Graduate

You crazy bunch 予予

2 likes
SailingGirl

An old ladies sprint finish - that expression did make me chuckle as a an older lady myself!

3 likes
Oldlady57
Oldlady57Graduate
in reply to SailingGirl

Just a tad above a┬peed minus the Zimmer frame 蛛 不不

1 like
Faith94

Its amazing how much easier and more enjoyable the run is when you take the pressure of yourself. Credit to you for the sprint finish!

1 like
Oldlady57
Oldlady57Graduate
in reply to Faith94

Thankyou Faith. To be honest it was only for the last 60 secs but it felt good

1 like
FenderTelecaster

Went music-less for the first time today, on W7R1, and took the Today programme instead. More distracting, but I missed the pacing from my carefully selected playlist. What I need is John Humphrys with a backbeat.

1 like
Oldlady57
Oldlady57Graduate
in reply to FenderTelecaster

A conundrum indeed FT, choices ehh

Dragonflies
DragonfliesGraduate

I admire you and everyone else who do morning runs, let alone early morning runs! At 53, I usually need a full day just to warm up for the late afternoon run. The running schedule is definitely helping loosening up body stiffness though

1 like
Oldlady57
Oldlady57Graduate
in reply to Dragonflies

No excuses Dragonflies Im 61 l think if l ran any later Id never get off the so good on you

1 like
Dragonflies
DragonfliesGraduate
in reply to Oldlady57

Well I guess that is part of beauty with life, we are all different

1 like

You may also like...