New shoes for week 6! Yay! : Having been running... - Couch to 5K

Couch to 5K
106,132 members137,137 posts

New shoes for week 6! Yay!

Emmajane71
Emmajane71Graduate

Having been running in an old gapey pair of reeboks i thought my niggly ankles and knees had earnt a decent pair of trainers and had my gait analysis done, the result is I'm now £140 worse off but hoping my old aching limbs will be grateful. Now to gradually break them in......

I do love a new pair of shoes but never dreamt i be excited about trainers!

11 Replies
oldestnewest
Oldfloss
OldflossAdministrator

Sassysyysysysysysy. Wow... now those look like the business.

Many Happy Runs x

Emmajane71
Emmajane71Graduate
in reply to Oldfloss

Thank you! Just hoping I can do them justice! X

Oldfloss
OldflossAdministrator
in reply to Emmajane71

You will :)

Ooo, nice! They’re ASICS aren’t they? I have those, not as snazzy as yours, however! 😀

Emmajane71
Emmajane71Graduate
in reply to cheekychipmunks

Thanks! Yes they are Asics, I've been wearing them round the house today to try and wear them in a bit, comfy so far although my feet May tell me something different come 5 0'clock tomorrow morning!

cheekychipmunks
cheekychipmunksGraduate
in reply to Emmajane71

You realise you’ll need to report back with how they were, don’t you?! 😀😅

Emmajane71
Emmajane71Graduate
in reply to cheekychipmunks

I will report back tomorrow after ive started the dreaded wk6 😱

cheekychipmunks
cheekychipmunksGraduate
in reply to Emmajane71

Go for it! I started it today (it was horrid) but I did it! You’ll be fine with your new trainers - like you’re floating! Have fun! 🏃‍♀️😀

Ang33333
Ang33333Graduate

Love them! 😎😎

Emmajane71
Emmajane71Graduate
in reply to Ang33333

Thanks, im hoping my achey knees and ankles love them! 😀

sozzy26
sozzy26Graduate

I started week 6 today and I was thinking about arranging to get a proper fitting of new trainers as mine are pretty old (quite unused though!) and were just picked off the shelf. . Didn't realise it would be so pricey though - I will feel really under pressure not to give up the programme if I splash out on posh trainers, so that might be another reason to do so - it might spur me on. Good luck tomorrow - my legs felt a bit heavy today but I did it and felt great afterwards!

You may also like...