Couch to 5K
73,992 members105,897 posts

Will i ever enjoy running!!

Its week 9 day 1 tomorrow and im finding tough. My runs are getting slower and last week i nearly gave up after 10 mins. Some how i kept going but it was hell. I always run before breakfast but I'm going to try an afternoon run and see how i feel.

11 Replies
oldestnewest

Oh my goodness, I could have written this post as it’s exactly how I feel. However I’m not giving up - not now - even tho I’m hating it at the moment.

1 like

I'm the same. I'll keep going to the bitter end 😬

2 likes

You are so close to graduating so you have to keep going. I know it can be tough, and those first ten minutes can be a real killer. It may be a case of the toxic ten striking. Even when I'm running 10 k or further I still find the first ten minutes really hard going. You just have to take it really slow, I'm sure you can do this. You've got this far, so it's just a case of persevering slowly. I hope your next run is a little better. Maybe take an extra rest day to recharge.

Good luck.

3 likes

I find that running about 1 hour after breakfast is fine, it lets what you eat down, have a little rest, get prepared and off you go, especially in this warm weather. At 9 am the weather is not too warm, for example, yesterday Saturday, I was running at that time, week 7 round 2 in 14c temperature, if I had waited for the afternoon the temperature locally was 27c, no way would I have run in that heat.

2 likes

I found week 8 really hard. A lot of it was to do with the weather. I have found week 9 much better - so I guess week 8 was almost a stepping stone for me. I hope you find week 9 better too. I also have learned to recognise when I'm going to flag and when my second wind will kick in - usually about 20 minutes in.

I find morning runs easier but each of us has different body clocks so I hope you find the afternoon run better tomorrow. Good luck!

2 likes

Thanks. I'll let you know how it goes 😬

1 like

Well I was asking the same question from myself.I completed w7r3 today and it was really difficult. No energy no joy just hard work 😓

1 like

My W9R2 was a total nightmare. Stick with it. The heat and humidity are awful and you are so close to the end. Good luck reaching the end!

1 like

You got this. Some runs are tough. Some glide by. Well done for pushing on through the pain and negative thoughts. All part of our huge achievement!

2 likes

First run in week 9 done. I started to fast and realised at the half way point that i needed to slow down if i was going to finish. Amazingly i had moments when i actually enjoyed it. Did 4.8 k.

1 like

Well done, that's great!

1 like

You may also like...