Couch to 5K
62,242 members94,997 posts

Beyond C25K - still running and look at my lovely gift from Santa

Beyond C25K - still running and look at my lovely gift from Santa

Graduation brought some moments of loss, as I found myself not knowing what to do now the course was complete. I missed the structure brought to my running and I worried I may falter.

I am pleased to report that I found a freebie app to 10k and I have just completed my 3rd run this week, a late evening run, but I was determined to fit it in.

This week each session consists of 4 x 10 min runs with a one minute rest between. I find this style much more to my liking. I peeked at next week and it's 3 x 15 mins....I don't want to peek further and put myself off.

On a happy note I would like to share my last minute inappropriate spending on Christmas Eve, it was quite literally 3.55pm. I was debating with myself whether to reward my graduation achievement before Christmas or face the disappointment of a reduced choice in January, when every one has the fitness idea. Sports Direct...not your finest retailer I know, but I asked for comfy shoes for the heavier runner that I am. These Brooks Ghost 10s are super comfy and at £60 not too far over my budget.

So my son can keep his shoes for a little while.

14 Replies
oldestnewest

You got a bargain. I have the same pair and I love them. I bought them with my birthday money in October and paid about £100 I think!

1 like

Thank you. Please keep me posted on their durability ;)

Bargain! I have the same ones and paid £120. I love them, so much better than the Nike’s I started running in.

Which app have you downloaded for 10k?

1 like

Take a look at ju-ju- 's plan on Bridge to 10K..it is fantastic... and a couple of weeks after you graduate a very good place to begin the journey to 10K!

2 likes

Thank you. I plan to just keep doing 5k for a while but I'd love to see if I can push further next year.

1 like

Thank you. I'm trying the free part of zenlabs 10k? I don't truly think I actually want to run for 10k...I think I'm barely at 5k. I just wanted a programme to run to. It's quite difficult for me to find the time and a safe route but have found the 4 x 10 minutes (54 min total) manageable on both counts.

Very well done..on the run and the shoes...:)

I got a pair of them too from Santa. Tried them out at jazzercise and they seem really comfy. Think I may try a run outside in them today. In the Canaries for the New Year so looking forward to a warmer run than my normal ice covered pavements. Enjoy your new shoes!

1 like

Thank you, and have a fabulous time. Will you be running the mountains? :)

No chance! I'm way too old for that and I only graduated 2 months ago. No where near that level. Just enjoy running on flat roads.

1 like

Nice shoes! Glad you've got your own now, although lucky that you and your son are the same size!! Like OldFloss says - you can join the bridge to 10k community and sign up for Juju's 10k plan. There's a load of us doing it at the mo and she's planning to start another in Jan/Feb I believe. Good luck with whatever you do! :)

1 like

Wow, I paid about £120 for my Ghosts, so well done. I find them really useful when running a mix of on and off road as they seem to cope with slippery conditions better than my other running shoes. Enjoy x

1 like

Thank you. I admit that I currently like my route to be as even as possible...I'm very easily deterred even by kerbs and small inclines lol..but never know. I sometimes think that I would be better off with a treadmill ;)

No you wouldn't ;) I have a small dreadmill (notice D) for when the pavements are too icy to run, and, trust me, it's a horrible running experience compared with outside. I run mostly on the roads, but now the runs are getting longer (only 5 till graduation), I have to incorporate some tracks as we live in a small country town.

1 like

You may also like...