Couch to 5K
62,524 members โ€ข 95,318 posts

Shades of Red

Shades of Red

Made a mistake and wearing my long sleeve running top and blimy itโ€™s warm out there! Hey itโ€™s November ๐Ÿ˜‚

Started my run up the hill again and got a bit further than last week before I had to walk for 30 seconds.

Ran for 4.8k in 33 mins. Gradually increasing duration of run. Loving this post-grad running ๐Ÿƒ๐Ÿผโ€โ™€๏ธ

23 Replies
oldest โ€ข newest

That was like me earlier!!! It looked like rain so I wore my light coat! I set out with gloves and hat too! (Iโ€™m just starting week 8 )

Well done!! Youโ€™re doing really well! ๐Ÿ˜€

1 like

It doesn't really matter what I wear as I always go red ๐Ÿ˜‚ well done on getting to week 8. Nearly there!

2 likes

Thank you! Ha ha! I go a bit pink! Yes not long now! ๐Ÿ˜€๐Ÿƒโ€โ™€๏ธ

Good run, I have been wearing a long sleeve top and a thin running jacket for weeks but then I'm a soft southern living on Tyneside!!!

2 likes

It's 12 degrees here!

1 like

I stripped off to my vest at 6:15am this morning! Not complaining mind, cold air hurts my lungs. Lovely running in this crazy mild November. ๐Ÿƒโ€โ™€๏ธ

Well done on your fine run! I am loving the post-grad life, 3 weeks on! Feel so free, running through dark quiet streets in the morning. Also working on my strength now - lucky for me one of my colleagues and sister in crime is well into her strength training, and she is giving me tips. Today I learned how to do a squat properly! Sheesh, i no longer recognise myself...

Sadie-runs ๐Ÿ˜˜

3 likes

Well done for getting out so early, I just can't fit it in! Oh squats I'm never going to do them ๐Ÿ˜‰

2 likes

Oh, I am just a morning person generally. Half asleep now though! ๐Ÿ˜ด

1 like

Great for your core strength. I do them whilst cleaning my teeth!

4 likes

Hi Cornet-Carol

I do a nice shade of beetroot. Itโ€™s surprising just how hot I can get without bursting into flames ๐Ÿ”ฅ

2 likes

๐Ÿ˜‚

Well done.. a lovely post run glow...mild and muggy here too :)

1 like

๐Ÿ‘

1 like

Boiling red is an official runner colour. And boiling when doing hills is absolutely normal.....well done for keeping going

I'm getting there I reckon by the new year I might get all the way to the top without stopping ๐Ÿ˜‰

3 likes

Well done you, I am impressed!

Like you I'm loving the free running of graduation and yes it really is warm out there, have folded my long sleeved gear up and put it away again

Good plan think I might need to do that!

1 like

I made the same mistake on Monday. It was grey and drizzling outside, I knew that 12 degrees is short sleeve weather...so why did I wear my long sleeved top? ๐Ÿ˜ž

You achieved a good time there though, so well done! ๐Ÿ‘

Thank you. I need to buy a fluorescent tee shirt for mild dark nights!

1 like

It is surprisingly warm, isn't it? Well done, Carolyn. I'm hoping to be there soon :)

1 like

Looking great, Carolyn! That's the colour of someone who has had a good run.

(I do rather like your yellow top).

1 like

The top is great for running in the dark but I need a short sleeve one

1 like

You may also like...