Couch to 5K
55,146 members87,649 posts

DONE IT Graduated tonight

. I know I wasn’t suppose to do my final run until tomorrow morning, but went in gym tonight to do my normal none run day programme which starts with 15 minuets brisk walking 🚶. As I came up to 5 minutes I just decided to go for it, I understand I should have a waited a full day but was so excited after yesterday’s early morning run I went for it. Actually did the 5 k in under 40 minutes including the two walking 5 minutes.

Thank you for great support received on here. At the risk of offending anybody I have to give special thanks to two people who gave wonderful advice and great support particularly at the start of this in August. There was lots of great posts and replies but these two stand out. THANK YOU

1 Oldfloss

2 IannaTruffe

PS

Funniest post was from fishypieface

43 Replies
oldestnewest

Congratulations Nemota. That's great news :D Well done.

2 likes

Thank you , can’t tell you how excited I am

1 like

Congratulations..!! Really, really well done 🏆

2 likes

Thank you 😊

1 like

Congrats Nemota, very well done my friend 🏆

1 like

Thank you 😊

Fantastic - well done you 🏅

1 like

Thank you 😊

1 like

Congratulations! It must be an amazing feeling! Thinking I might give Park Runs a go after reading about your Poppy Run 🏃🏼‍♀️🤔

1 like

thank you

Once I have a few weeks consolidation runs I’m going to do some more parkruns .

Yeah...well done. Graduating is an amazing feeling. I'm on about 3 weeks after graduating and use this forum a lot for inspiration and encouragement. Like others on here it is the battle with my brain that is the biggest challenge. The challenge that I have set myself is to try to run 30 minutes 3 times a week which includes parkrun on a Saturday. That has become my focus. ..it's replaced the structure of c25k for me. Parkruns are great...so supportive. Hope you enjoy yours and happy running.

That's a really good plan, to form the habit of running 3 times a week 30 mins and enjoying it, is the key to continuing - I think anyway and I've been doing it for 3 months now post grad... Making it a part of my life kind of thing. Extension can come naturally later on if you want to try 10k, but there is no rush. Loving it is key and you are going the right way about it :)

Thanks Fishypieface...if I get through the winter then I might try the 5k to 10k programme but need to know if can maintain just running. That's why for me Parkrun is integral to my plan as that's my structure for the week. Sometimes I only manage 1 extra run but aim for 2, other commitments permitting. When it's dark I don't like to run too late.

1 like

Very well done... congratulations and thank you!

The best bit?? ( after the party) this journey goes on :)

2 likes

Thank you very much , you are inspiration on here to many.

I intend to carry on now. Never going to fast as in my prime sporting days I was a rugby union prop forward . Props were never known for speed 😂

1 like

Congratulations well done fantastic achievment👨‍🎓👍👏🏃👏👏👏👏👏

Thank you 😊

Superb post, well done on your fabulous achievement and your graduation 🏆🥇👏

Thank you very much . 😊

Many Congratulations to you on a fantastic achievement !

Really Well done , and don't forget to ask for your virtual Graduate Badge :-) xxx

Thank you. Forgot about the badge will do now

1 like

Congratulations and well done. It’s a great feeling of joy, relief and achievement. Get your bling and keep running ... but don’t cheat too much on your rest days ;)

Won’t cheat again on my rest days , promise 😂. Thanks

1 like

wow. Top job. Keep on running. This is very addictive. Hope to be joining you soon.

Thank you 😊 . I never thought running would be for me but I’m enjoying it

Well done you, great achievement. Enjoy the bling.

Thank you. I have followed your posts on here from when I first came on this forum , always good and constructive in your reply’s.

Glad to have helped a bit, many helped me so we create the circle...

1 like

Congratulations on your Graduation Nemota...🎉🎉🎉🎉

Well done and sounds like you are hooked on this running lark...😆

Keep posting for motivation...your journey goes on...👏👏👏👏

Happy running Graduate😊x

Well done to you! Keep on running!! 🏃🏅👍

Congratulations at graduating, well done

Congratulations - its not easy. This will be me in bout 2 weeks

Ooh well done. You did it in style and in the way that felt right at the time for you. Brilliant. 😊🏃‍♀️🏃‍♀️👍

well done, a great achievement, I'm were you are at now and my plan is to run 30x3 a week with a view to doing park run in December. keep on running just done be bitten by the bug too much like my hubby who insists on running 6 days a week!

Congratulations on your graduation. Enjoy your special moment! xx

Great work old chap, big congrats! It's an awesome feeling isn't it?! I'm with you on your name dropping too, where would we (and many others) be without Oldfloss and IannodaTruffe ??

Enjoy your new running life!

Well, done! (Naughty for going early!) :-)

Fantastic achievement. You must be feeling awesome. Will you keep running ? 👍

On yes slowly but will carry on . Never going to be fast but I never was ( ex rugby prop forward)

1 like

Many congratulations fellow runner.

The world is your running track, but where it will take you, nobody knows.

The journey continues...........

Keep running, keep smiling.

1 like

Thank you . The contributions and support you have given to me and many others on here are invaluable,thank you

1 like

Great news! congratulations :)

Well done to you! Here's to the rest of your running life :)

You may also like...