Week 8 run 1

I set my support team (AKA Husband) to the task of finding me a circular route that I could run this week because I am getting tired of running in a straight line, turning round and heading back again, but living out in the countryside if I run from home there is not too much choice as lots of the local roads are farm access roads which come to a dead end in the middle of nowhere.

However, with a little help from Google Earth he only went and found me a square within a couple of miles of home that is 5.03km. Sorted! As we live at the top of a big hill, the first two sides of the square were generally up hill and the second two generally downhill, but I was able to pace myself on the first half knowing that I would have a bit more "puff" on the second. I was running towards the most beautiful sunrise on the first half which also kept me motivated for getting up the hill to the half way point. It was tough, I wont lie, but I didnt ever think about stopping. I just kept repeating to myself "How awesome am I? I am a runner!" It certainly worked lol

The step up from 25 to 28 mins was fine, I just made sure to include an extra song in my playlist this morning to keep me ticking along. I ended running just before reaching my car and so was able to walk a bit further round the start of my "course" and back again for the warm down - all with a big cheesy grin on my face.

Got to love these early morning runs.

Skip

Featured Content

Join the NHS Couch to 5K community

Couch to 5K has been designed to get you off the couch and running 5km in just 9 weeks

Start today!

Featured by HealthUnlocked

3 Replies

oldestnewest
  • Did my W8R1 yesterday and like you finished with a big cheesy grin.

• Brilliant! You are so close to that podium!

Don't forget if you run the other way round its like having two different routes👍🏼

• Thanks, It actually feels real now! As for the routes, thats exactly what I was thinking too - and nice to have a different option so close to home!

You may also like...