Face Vs ground : Well run 2 week 3 completed... - Couch to 5K

Couch to 5K

117,730 members148,939 posts

Face Vs ground

DBlou profile image
DBlou

Well run 2 week 3 completed this morning, only after I had tripped clumsily over the small barrier between car park and park. Glad I hit the mud and grass with my face and not the tarmac side of the fence! I still ran, in the rain and I am delighted to say I can now run for 3 mins straight, no stopping or feeling out of puff.

I have learnt :

1) I prefer early morning runs 2) not to mess with my phone while stepping over the fence/barrier3) that I want to run even if I have a really good reason not to 4) I can do this

11 Replies
Martin_Rose profile image
Martin_RoseGraduate

Well done, great attitude, please be careful.

ejvcruns profile image
ejvcrunsGraduate

This is all very cheerful! Apart from the tripping over the barrier, of course.

I also prefer early morning runs although I mostly only can run in the afternoon. That turns out to be OK as well. Really any time except right after a meal is OK in my book :-)

Also: yes you can!

vlmiller1225 profile image
vlmiller1225Graduate

Yay!! Great Job!!!! :) I try not not mess with my phone period... i'm too clumsy to do phone and run at same time! So i set it and forget it (most of the time!)

Kimchoc08 profile image
Kimchoc08Graduate

Great job apart from the falling over!! I also love running in the morning and I have just purchased a head torch so I can actually see where I'm running!!

Ajs07 profile image
Ajs07Graduate

Well done , I also did wk 3 run 2 today and am loving the fact I can do runs of 3 mins, I find I'm starting to relax more and go into the zone a little now 😁 hope you're ok after your little accident 😉

DBlou profile image
DBlou in reply to Ajs07

Thank you and yes, pride bruised more than anything else!

swisstony4 profile image
swisstony4Graduate

Good positivity DBlou... outstanding attitude, keep it up... I am only on week 1 so a little bit behind but taking notes and drawing inspiration from fellow c25k'ers like you 👍

Good lessons learned.... especially the not fiddling with phone whilst running. Good job getting Week 2 done and dusted

DBlou profile image
DBlou in reply to Jancanrun

Erm... ahem ! It’s week 3 run 2 ! Just saying !!!! Xx

Jancanrun profile image
Jancanrun in reply to DBlou

Sorry numbers wrong way around....

Mummycav profile image
MummycavModerator

Oh no? Hope you’re ok & don’t look like someones duffed you in??!! Those are three very good rules you have there!!! I especially like the 4th one...keep smiling despite your injury...😉

You may also like...